07; Heart of Glass

Tris had returned to Magnus' loft, the first thing she did only after she woke up, while it was still late outside, only the moon shining down at her

Tris had returned to Magnus' loft, the first thing she did only after she woke up, while it was still late outside, only the moon shining down at her. Tyler accompanied her, while they walked down the street, now more alert. They had been, ever since they found out that the things they saw were real, and they had an explanation.

Tyler repeatedly tried to make conversation with the Lewis girl, but she only replied with 'yes,' or 'no,' or she stayed silent. After some time, they were in front of Magnus' door. Tyler brought his hand up in a fist and knocked on the door, watching it swing open, a blue. 

The pair walked in, only to see the redhead hold up a drawing, and she set it down, as soon as the two came in. "What's wrong?" Tyler asked, looking at the group.

"I know where the Cup is," said Clary.

"Come again?" 

"The tarot cards." Clary looked at Jace. "My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it."

The Shadowhunters frowned, not happy. Tyler and Tris pursed their lips, glancing at each other, while Magnus didn't seem too pleased.

"Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this?" Clary asked, looking confused. "All we have to do is. . .find Dot."

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup--"

Magnus interrupted Jace. "We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice." Magnus walked across the living room, from Clary to Tris. "But he can control demons. I've seen it."

"Paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect," said Magnus. "Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card. Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky."

"Valentine doesn't have the cards." The group turned around to see Luke, bandages across his chest. "I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her."

"That's great," said Jace. "This should be easy."

"That's what General Custer said," Magnus smiled.

"Magnus is right," Luke nodded. "Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet."

"Discreet?" Tyler echeod. "You look like something out of The Mummy."

Luke ignored Tyler's comment. "We'll go in the morning," he said. Upon receiving the concerned look from Clary, he said, "Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple hours of beauty sleep won't fix."

Sighing, Tris left the group, not wanting to have a talk with anyone. After being in the Jade Wolf, she felt weak, as if she hadn't done anything. She knew she had to create a distraction at the time, and she did, but what she realized was that she let them hurt her first. That was not how you create a distraction, she said to herself, it's how you could possibly kill yourself.