31; Do Shadowhunters Have Tinder?

The girl had quickly made her way towards the outside of the institute, where her brother and best friend were, talking to each other

The girl had quickly made her way towards the outside of the institute, where her brother and best friend were, talking to each other. Simon looked like he hadn't seen the sun or slept in days, even though now he could. Well, he looked miserable but then again, Tyler never failed to make him smile. After what happened with Clary, he was very heartbroken and Tris could only help him out of the hole he was in. So that's exactly what she was doing.

"Hey, you look dead," Tris greeted with a smile, making Simon chuckle as he shook his head.

"Good morning to you, too," he told her, before she led the way. "So...Tyler told me."

"Told you what?" Tris asked, getting in the backseat of Tyler's car. She glanced at Tyler with narrowed eyes as she buckled her seatbelt. He only grinned to himself, starting the car and driving down the road.

"About Jace," Simon told her, making her freeze. "How are things going between the two of you?"

"Tyler," Tris glared, watching him try not to laugh. "I will burn you to ashes."

"No, no, seriously! Tris, how's it going?" Simon pressed.

"I don't know," the girl huffed, crossing her arms. "Nothing's happened yet."

Tyler wiggled his brows and looked at her through the rearview mirror. "Yet, huh?"

"Shut up, Tyler," Tris scowled before looking to Simon. "What about you and...you know?"

"Um," the boy pursed his lips, awkwardly shifting his eyes from his lap to the streets passing by through the window. Clearly, he was very upset with what had happened, but he knew he couldn't do anything about it unless he somehow found a way to get Magnus to smuggle him some sort of love potion. And even that wouldn't be fair. "I went to meet her...we made up, and we're still...best friends." He cleared his throat. "She told me she was planning to go on a date with Nick this weekend, so that's new, I guess."

Tris frowned. "I really wish I could help you...But you know what? You can do so much better than Clary. No offense to her, but there's so many other girls in this world."

Simon sighed. "So what do you want me to do?"

Tris placed her thumb and pointer finger on her chin as though she was doing some deep thinking. "Do you think Shadowhunters and Downworlders have, like, a separate Tinder, or something?"

At that, both boys had begun laughing, repeating the words she had said and making more jokes like: "Can you imagine a shadowhunter asking someone if they have Grindr-" or "What university did you graduate from? I KiLL dEmOnS-" or "LeT mE sHoW yOu mY bLAdE-"

"Guys, seriously!" Tris yelled, which made them fall into more laughter. She sighed, but joined along, laughing at her stupidity.

▪▪▪

Tris flopped onto her bed as soon as she returned home. Tyler had some errands to run, and he had to go meet up with his aunt who was in Staten Island. Sighing, she let the cool air of the air conditioning fill the room and she sat up in bed, looking around the room, bored. What to do, what to do... she thought to herself. Standing up, she realized she could finally finish the book she was reading.

She switched off the AC and put on her shoes before leaving, running up the stairs quickly and approaching the large doors of the circular library. Surprised, she noticed a blonde head of hair pacing around. She almost laughed at it before realizing that she had a depleting sense of humour. "Jace?"

The pacing stopped and he rose his head to look over the corner, only to find the person he was previously thinking of. "Oh, Tris, hey," he tried to greet casually.

"What are you doing, pacing back there?" Tris asked, slightly amused as she approached him. "You good?"

"Yeah-yeah, I was just thinking of...something," he replied hesitantly, giving her an awkward smile.

She grinned in return. She had to do something, which she wanted to do since yesterday. But she wasn't sure how it would turn out. Tris sighed. "Hey, Jace, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Do you wanna go on a date tomorrow?"

To say he was surprised would be an understatement. His eyes went wide, his mouth agape. He thought that he would ask her in the evening but she beat him to it. "Uh," he dragged, not really knowing what to say other than: "Yeah."

▪▪▪