I nodded in agreement. My parents were like that too but to be fair, my parents had a reason to worry. I didn't tend to stay in safe places. 

Somehow, between the front door and the classroom, I managed to release Alexander without anyone seeing. At least Cassidy and Lisa didn't accompany me to the bathroom. To be honest, I was more worried about Cassidy. It was like she wanted to follow me everywhere. It was weird. 

"Do you think Cassidy is acting a bit strange?" I whispered as low as I could manage.

I stood guard by the door hoping no one would want to use the restroom right now. Too bad these doors didn't lock from the inside, but it was understandable why.

"I don't know," Alexander said once he had shifted back. He groaned. "Why do you have so many books?"

"Why do I have to smuggle you into school?" I shot back. "Plus, you didn't even change clothes. Your fans are going to notice."

Alexander waltz over and pulled me into a hug. "I always look good. You don't have to worry about me."

Squished against him, I looked up. "I wasn't worried about you looking good," I told him. "You have your image to maintain. With those royal families in town, you can't let your guard down."

Alexander smirked. "So, you do care."

I rolled my eyes. "The last thing I need is having you say that I was the one who kept you from your dream title."

Part of the humor vanished from his face. "I'll never say that to you. Trust me. You won't be the reason why I won't succeed my father."

Looking away, I muttered, "sure."

Maybe it wouldn't be my fault. I was probably overthinking this. It wasn't like I had any power to dictate what happened to Alexander. If anything, I was always going to people for help because I was so powerless. 

As a show of goodwill, I planted a kiss on Alexander's lips. "Cassidy and Lisa are probably wondering if I died in here," I told him. "See you in class?"

I tried to wiggle away but he didn't let go. "Alexander, come on."

"Alright, fine. I'll see you later."

Neither Lisa nor Cassidy mentioned whether they heard Alexander and me talking. It's not like I could outright ask them. Plus, it was a secret. 

We left Lisa along the way to Mr. Flora's class. Cassidy practically skipped at my side. We got more than a few looks our way. 

"Did something good happen lately?" I dared asked.

Alexander wanted me to be nice and friendly to everyone. I might as well start with Cassidy. 

"Not exactly," she said. "I'm glad everything is working out so far. I'm just excited, you know?"

"Right."

I wasn't normally a pessimistic person but something told me this peace wasn't going to last. While the protesters were gone, not by choice, their children still went to his school. If anything, it was just a matter of time before something exploded. 

By the time Cassidy and I entered class, Alexander was already in his seat dressed differently. I heard his phone beeping and he didn't look up as I sat. Cassidy gave me a quick smile before taking a seat. 

You two are close.

I grabbed a piece of paper from my backpack and wrote, 'jealous?'. 

I'm willing to share Rin, Alexander said. Besides, she is not even an opponent.

I shook my head. "Never change," I muttered. 

Unfortunately, that was the wrong thing to say. Alexander spent all of the class period doodling on the side of my notes. He wrote little messages like 'would you get mad if I kissed you right now?'  and 'you look every delicious, can I have a bite?'. Needless to say, I spent more time cross out his messages than taking notes. 

Just as Mr. Flora was wrapping up the class, Alexander wrote one last message. 'I have to leave for a few days.' 

Anger and disappointment washed over me. At first, I thought he was joking, but he didn't write any more messages. How could he not verbally tell me this information? He must have seen my face because he scribbled something else.

'You won't see me later today. There are guards waiting outside for me.'

I crossed my arms. Last notice trips didn't make the situation any better. But then I remembered what he'd told me in the restroom. I sighed. This had something to do with the visiting royals. 

"Alright," I whispered. "Nothing you can do about it. Have fun."

Rin, don't be like that. 

It appeared that I still hadn't come to terms with the fact that things were different now. Sure, Alexander and I were dating but he was still the Prince and he couldn't spend that much time with me. I should be glad things weren't the same as before but I couldn't. It was nice that Alexander no longer had a warrant out for his arrest, but still. 

"I know you have to," I heard myself say. "Just text me when you get the change, okay?"

Of course.

It seemed like I was going to be back on my own again. Well, not exactly alone. I just wished Alexander and I could catch up on the time we had been apart. There was still some distance between us and I still didn't know how to close it up.