i'm just going to trust

"If there is a heaven for me, it is in her arms"

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘈𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦, 

 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦. 𝘓𝘦𝘰 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵... 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘪𝘵. 𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵. 

𝘚𝘰, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘣𝘦... 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴. 𝘕𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨. 

𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵. 

- 𝘈𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦

Leo smiled softly as he read the note for the third time, feeling a warmth spread through his chest at Annie's words. Yet, intertwined with the warmth was a pang of guilt, knowing that his actions had caused her hesitation and uncertainty. Despite this guilt, he couldn't help but feel a sense of joy knowing that Annie was gradually opening up to him.

It was a small step, but Leo recognized it as progress nonetheless.

"Hi," Leo's voice broke through Annie's thoughts as he settled beside her in their shared English class.

Annie glanced up, surprised by his presence. She still found it somewhat surreal that he was making an effort to befriend her. "Hi," she replied softly, offering him a shy smile before focusing her attention back on her desk.

Leo smiled, finding her shyness endearing. "I was thinking, would you mind proofreading my essay? You're good at English, right?"

Annie's eyebrows furrowed in surprise. She hadn't expected Leo to seek her help. "Sure, you can email it to me."

Leo shook his head. "I actually have it at home. My computer's been acting up, so I handwrote it. Would you mind coming over to check it out? It's due tomorrow morning."

Annie's heart skipped a beat at the unexpected invitation. Leo Smith, one of the most popular guys in school, was inviting her to his house. She struggled to find her words. "Uh... sure, if you want."

Leo grinned at her reaction. "Great. Meet me in the parking lot after school."

Later that day, Annie found herself in the passenger seat of Leo's car, her fingers fidgeting with the hem of her shirt as she nervously glanced out the window, watching the familiar landmarks pass by. Each turn of the road seemed to bring her closer to an unfamiliar destination, amplifying her apprehension.

When they finally arrived at Leo's house, Annie hesitated before stepping out of the car. She took a moment to observe the exterior, noting the well-maintained lawn and the welcoming glow emanating from the windows. As they entered the house, a sense of awe washed over her at the sight of the spacious foyer and the tasteful decor adorning the walls.