Turns out I only had a few broken ribs that weren't really that severe. Carmen said that they should be healed in two or three days. After she left, I glanced around the brightly lit room while clutching my side, glancing around at the supplies. Mitch appeared next to me with a small smile whereas I just sighed and looked away, reading the human respitory system poster on the wall.

***

"How about we take the shortcut through the park?.." Mitch said breaking the silence.

I havent said a word since we left the hospital. One reason might be that, frankly, I didn't know what there was too say. I was so used to going through this for so long that its basically a routine. Wake up, verbal abuse. Go to school, physical abuse. Go home, emotional abuse. Its nothing new.

The second reason might be that I was too caught up in thinking about my suicide date, in one month. One month to say goodbye, to enjoy the good things in life, and to finally have closure. Alot can happen in a month. I also took the time during the walk to plan. I didn't want to just disappear, I wanted to leave people with some advice, or some last few words..something that could maybe help them out in the long run...and since I have my beloved camera with me all the time, why the hell not?

"Hey Mitch?" I asked, digging into my backpack quickly. I was looking for my camera, praying that it didnt get wet or stolen. We where just catching the trail that leads into the park, and away from the sidewalk.

"Yeah?" He asked, reaching up to touch the branch of a tree above us.

"I decided that id like to join your world someday..I know you said I can't, but I just want you to know that I'm going through with this whether you like it or not." I said as firmly as I could. He stopped. He seemed shocked for a moment, his mouth opening and closing in debate..but then..he nodded..He sighed.

"I've tried so hard, these past few years. So fucking hard Vic, but I just can't fix things for you. If this is your choice..then so be it." He said so quietly, it was almost a whisper.

I knew that he wouldn't object anymore. I've asked him endlessly, and everytime he would change the subject..but now? I'm seventeen, next year going to be eighteen. I don't want to be an adult here, I don't want to stay for any longer. And he knows that. We finally reached the park in silence, and I ran quickly under a tree with long droopy vines. I sat down, getting to work while Mitch stayed silent beside me.

I took this as a chance to make the first tiny vlog about my life. I have now decided that I would fully take Gerard on his offer, and last a month before I can finally call it quits. Its a thing I just came up with thats a daily vlog that I would do constanly, until it was time to join Mitch. Today is April 1st. Day one, of my very last month of living. By then, It will all be over.

I'll just have to hold on till May.

I smiled to myself. It's going to be okay, nobody cared about me anyway, so I won't leave anybody heartbroken...Except for my mother,l probably She's in a coma-like trauma. I never forgot to dress her, and brush her hair every night before she slept, and I always cared for her, but lately it's just been too much. My father, Mike, and my whole family just want me gone. So what if I just make their lives easier and disappear?

I opened my camera, and pushed the record button, making it face both me and Mitch under the secluded tree. The leaves russled eerily as the cold wind picked up before I took a deep breath, and I started:

"Hello people! Its Vic! And this will be my suicide video! ...I hope Pa will let Mike play it at the funeral.. I just wanted you guys to know how my last days were.." I said smiling.