E I G H T E E N ~ Lana Clarke

Start from the beginning

 "I'll tell her," Olette interrupted. 

 Before I had time to react, Olette locked her arm with mine and dragged me away from Eli and Landon. Being forced along, I looked over my shoulder shortly and found the boys with dumbfounded expressions. Once we reached the railing of the pier, the two of us overlooked the darkened ocean. Olette broke the silence by letting out a laugh.

 "This is a little awkward..."

 "Is this something I shouldn't know about?" 

 She shook her head and reassured, "No, of course I want you to know. Not like this though."

 To be honest, I didn't have the slightest feeling to be upset. I was more curious how it happened. Looking back, Olette and Landon showed signs of mild flirting, but Olette always denied any feeling towards my brother. Does she think I would be mad at her? My best friend's hazel eyes then stuck onto mine. 

 She admitted, "While I was planning your surprise party, we met up one time so I could tell him about it. And... I don't know how this happened, but we ended up kissing! I'm so sorry for not telling you any sooner! I was just confused and the fact that he was dating someone... I..." 

 Olette sighed and I could see the mixed emotions through her eyes. 

 "Olette, I get it that you weren't ready to tell me," I guaranteed calmly, "but, I don't think you were the reason why Landon broke up with Haley. Do you happen to know why?"

 To my surprise, she nodded. "It happened that same time. We were talking about stuff and then Haley came up. Landon told me how she was getting clingy and jealous over the littlest things. He mentioned that he was getting tired of her immaturity."

 I felt my eyes widen to my dismay. "Really? He did look a little bothered when I asked about her." Suddenly, an amused grin stretched on my lips.

 "Hold on a second. So, you and Landon had this going on during my birthday? I never expected a thing!"

 An ashamed expression appeared on Olette's face as she became red in the cheeks. Olette let out a wail from my teasing voice. 

 "I'm sorry, Lana! Like I said, I never wanted you to find out like this."

 Giving her a comforting smile, I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I promise you, I'm not mad. The funny thing is, I'm not that surprised. You know I was envisioning this ever since sixth grade."

 Olette stuck her tongue out at me before she pulled me into a hug. Embracing her back, all that really mattered was seeing the two happy. I didn't have to see them for more than two seconds to know how much they enjoy each other's company. When we broke off from the hug, Olette appeared more at ease.

 "We should head back to them." I suggested, trying to search where Eli and Landon was.

 However, Olette questioned, "Not just yet. Were you on a date with Eli?"

 Compared to the formal appearance Olette and Landon had, we were just wearing casual clothes and having a fun time at the beach. Was it a date? I shrugged a little, playing with my hair.

 "You're playing with your hair. It's so a date," Olette gushed.

 As we giggled about it, I recalled back to when Eli was on the verge of telling me something. 

 Growing guilty from my actions, I revealed to Olette, "Before I found you and Landon, Eli was going to tell me something." I glanced off onto the ocean. "It sounded like he was going to - "

 Instantly, Olette grabbed my cheeks with her hands. Her mouth forming into an O and shouted, "Confess his love to you! Lana, how could you stop that moment from happening?"