Untitled Part 1

The sound of running water slowly seeps into my consciousness, as I desperately try to cling on to the last vestiges of sleep. Refusing to open my eyes, I shuffle further up the pillows, feeling a slight breeze as my head emerges from below the duvet.

I yawn and stretch in an attempt to energize my body - and freeze as a hand runs over my hair!

"Good morning beautiful." No more than a whisper . The hand is now moving, backs of fingers caressing my face and neck. "Don't worry. Your bath is almost ready ..." I try to open my eyes, and only then realize that I am still wearing my sleep mask. "Ah ah ah!" My wrist is gently held, a feather like touch stopping me from removing the mask. "Let's just leave that there for now, shall we?..."

The fingers have continued down my neck, warm satin moving over the line of my collar bone and down my sternum, slowly tracing the outline of my breast, before returning to my face. Predictably my breasts become tighter and heavier in response, and my breathing deepens to all but a sigh. The weight on the edge of the bed next to me shifts, and a butterfly soft kiss lands over my heart. "Bath time ..."

Strong arms lift me from the bed, sleep mask and all. The sound of the running water gradually increases as we near the bathroom. I can sense the warmth of the water, smell the jasmine scented oils which I habitually use. I feel myself being lowered gently into the tub, and the water shuts off. "Just relax now... and that mask? I think that can stay, don't you?" I remain where I am, sitting upright and hugging my knees, straining to hear any give away sounds. There is a soft, silken swoosh, and a slight thud - is that shoes? Is my companion taking his shoes off?

I sense something entering the water, and can not help the sigh that escapes me as I feel its warm, silken caress as it is poured over my shoulders. He steps into the tub behind me, and draws me back against his chest, pouring more water over my collar bones and down my breasts.

"What is happening?" the words are barely audible, yet I feel his response as his chest ripples. He is amused at my confusion; "It is high time some treated you like the Queen that you are, my Lady. I would like to be that someone ..." His breath is hot in my ear, and his fingers - oh! His fingers are drawing secrets from my body that even I do not know about. He is still slowly drawing them across my skin, stroking them up and down my arms. I discover that I have a particularly sensitive spot on the inside of my left elbow, and I shiver as the back of his nails move across it.

His scent is comforting and familiar; his hands gentle and loving. They flow over my curves like the water, my emotions becoming a swirling maelstrom with each new touch.

There is a tightness in my chest, building with each touch, each caress. My heart is a wild animal, desperate to free itself from the confines of my rib cage, and I barely suppress my scream of pain tinged arousal as teeth playfully nip at  my left shoulder

I can feel his arousal, as strong as my own - his heartbeat pounding against my back, in twin syncopation with mine. My heart is pounding, the blood in my head rushing and roaring as sensations overtake me; crashing one after another like waves on the shore at the outbreak of a storm.

"Time to get washed..." I feel myself being pushed slightly forwards as he reaches across to retrieve the soap from the oyster shell that I keep between the taps at the opposite end of the bath. "Just stay there ..." The water moves as he lathers up the bar, and I feel him begin to draw lazy circles across my back. "Mmmmm ..." I can not suppress the moan which escapes from my lips. Again, water is poured over my shoulders, sluicing the soap from my skin. He returns me to my previous position against his chest and continues to draw the soap across my body. Down my arms, over my shoulders; he traces the path that his fingers took earlier, ever decreasing circles on my breasts, both hands working in tandem. Slowly; ever so slowly. My breathing has become rapid, my pulse - and my temperature - spiking in a matter of seconds. My neck is being nibbled; the roughness of his stubble contrasting against the smoothness of my skin, and the warm dampness of his lips and tongue. His fingers have reached my areola, his nails brushing maddeningly against me.

Never before have they been so sensitive, never before have I been so aroused! I arch my back, gasping aloud as he pulls his fingers across my erect nipples. Twisting around my mouth desperately searches for his, as my hands begin their own exploration of his body. My mouth opens in invitation and he draws my bottom lip into his mouth, at the same time as his fingers find my core and begin to slowly dance across my thighs, dipping and swirling until I can stand it no more.

Sensing this, he grasps my hips and guides himself into me, his own hips lifting slightly to join me. Crying out in some kind of victory, I feel excitement kick in my stomach, and begin to circle my hips ,slowly rising up and down with the natural rhythm. His face is between my breasts, his tongue licking and searching; his hands still at my waist. Reaching up I finally remove my sleep mask and look down into my Husbands eyes as we both fall over the edge.

Several hours later he props himself onto his elbow, looking down at me through hair which has fallen over his eyes. "Happy Anniversary, my love." He bends down and kisses me. "How about we drive out to the lake with a picnic?" I smile, biting my bottom lip in an attempt to stop what I am sure by now must be the smuggest look I have ever had. "Sounds perfect ... ".

The lake is as idyllic as ever; we picnic sitting on an old worn blanket that we keep in the car for such purposes, backs against the old oak tree where we shared our first tentative kiss so many years ago, and where he proposed 3 years later. We have left the car door open slightly so that we can hear the radio, and our only really aware of the time when the presenter announces the news headlines. " I guess we'd better get to your Mums to pick up the baby" he says, starting to repack the bag. I reach over and kiss him as the radio announces the hour by the counting of the pips. "Beep, beep, beep ..."

"Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep ..." "Come on now. Time to wake up. Open your eyes for me ..." Struggling I do as I am asked, wincing slightly at the brightness in the room. "Hey there!" A face comes into view; a strangers face. " Hey honey. Welcome back. Do you know where you are?" I slowly turn my head; take in the curtains surrounding the bed, the machines to my left - the source of the metallic beep, beep, beep. I see the IV drip hanging from its frame, and follow the line to the skin on the inside of my left elbow. "Am I in the hospital? Why? What?" The nurse has been taking my pulse, checking the IV line while I was formulating my thoughts. " There was an accident sweetie. Your car was hit by a truck out on Lakeside Road on Sunday afternoon ..." I shake my head. Sunday afternoon? Our Anniversary picnic ... I can make out the stark whiteness of the bandaging across my abdomen, follow its line up my chest and across my left shoulder. "What day is it? What happened?" The nurse holds my hand. "It's Thursday today. Your car was crushed between the truck and the embankment. The fire service had to cut you free ...." she looks down. " There was water ... you almost drowned. We think your Husband managed to undo your seatbelt before the fire service got there." She gestures to my bandaged shoulder. "You were cut, probably by the metal fastener of the seatbelt as it released." I am shaking my head in disbelief as she continues. "You sustained a lot of internal damage. Had to undergo surgery to stop the bleeding, and to realign your pelvis. I'm so, so sorry. We were unable to save your baby ... " Baby? What baby? She is watching me, her face a mask of concern. "Oh honey. You didn't know .. ?" I shake my head, sadness and panic welling up inside me. "Your Dad thought that maybe you just hadn't mentioned it yet ... you were only 10 weeks into gestation ..."

I start to sob as the door to my room opens. " I came as soon as the pager went off .." My Father rushes into the room, looking pale and drawn. " Daddy ... " The tears are coming harder and faster now, and he bends down to kiss my forehead, wiping my hair back. He takes my hand. " I though I had lost you ... you are all I have left, since your Mum ..."

Mum? Oh! I remember. My Mum had passed away a year after our wedding. Stage 4 lung cancer, discovered too late for treatment to be effective. I shake my head, memories fighting their way through the drug induced clouds in my mind ... WAIT! He said we had to pick the baby up from my Mums ... didn't he? Tightening my grip on my Fathers hand I ask the question. "Daddy? Where is Michael? I want my Husband ..." My Father looks down at me, eyes filled with unshed tears and drops his head. His shoulders begin to shake, and I know the answer without hearing the words ....