Chapter 15: Girls Also Poop

Start from the beginning

Ryder: You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down. Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground. We are the jack-o-lanterns in July, setting fire to the sky. He-here comes this rising tide. So come on!

Ryder led Stefan to a group of football players and the two handed them paint, their way of asking them to show their loyalty to them and their campaign.

Stefan: Put on your war paint!

They walked into the lunchroom, where everyone quieted down. From a table, Julie looked up from her conversation with Jake and frowned as soon as she saw what was happening.

Ryder: Cross walks and crossed hearts and hope-to-dies. Silver clouds with grey linings.

Stefan leaned into a group of girls who had previously shown support for Julie. With one smile, it was obvious he had stolen each of their votes.

Stefan: So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked. One maniac at a time we will take it back... You know time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start! So dance alone to the beat of your heart!

While Stefan was busy charming the girls, Ryder was rallying the guys, pumping them up.

Both: Hey young blood! Doesn't it feel like our time is running out? I'm gonna change you like a remix. Then I'll raise you like a phoenix! You're wearing our vintage misery. No, I think it looked a little better on me. I'm gonna change you like a remix. Then I'll raise you like a phoenix!

When Alex and Rory were seen among the guys who were jumping on tables with Ryder, Julie shook her head in disbelief at such a public betrayal and slap-on-the-face.

Alex: Bring home the boys and scrap scrap metal the tanks. Get hitched and make a career out of robbing banks. Because the world is just a teller and we are wearing black masks. "You broke our spirit," says the note we pass.

Amity crossed her arms when she saw that Alex was taking part in this. At this point it shouldn't surprise her, but she still had a bit of hope in him to learn to do the right thing.

Rory: So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked. One maniac at a time we will take it back...

Stefan: You know time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start. So dance alone to the beat of your heart!

Now Ryder and Rory were on top of tables, being roared at by other pumped up meatheads, while Alex and Stefan were surrounded by girls who were absolutely in love with their rockstar ways. Kitty, Shana and Harmony were also among those dancing on tables, encouraging people to vote for Ryder and Stefan.

Guys: Hey young blood! Doesn't it feel like our time is running out? I'm gonna change you like a remix. Then I'll raise you like a phoenix! You're wearing our vintage misery. No, I think it looked a little better on me. I'm gonna change you like a remix. Then I'll raise you like a phoenix!

The guys jumped off the tables and led everyone out to the courtyard.

Stefan: Put on your war paint!

Although Jake tried to stop her, Julie couldn't help but following along, curious about Ryder's approach to this election.

Ryder: The war is won. Before it's begun.
Stefan: Release the doves. Surrender love!
Ryder: The war is won. Before it's begun. 
Stefan: Release the doves. Surrender love!

Ryder: The war is won. Before it's begun. 
Stefan: Release the doves. Surrender love!
Ryder: The war is won. Before it's begun. 
Stefan: Release the doves. Surrender love!