Chapter 9

The Ones I Love
A Divided Team

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/2D4A4x2

~ BTYB Noctis Getting It(?) ~

Glynda: Team CVFY, report.

Stuck in Ozpin's office once more, Team CVFY had to defuse a situation in Vale just an hour prior. The male half of the team was on edge, both members were recovering and still agitated by how their aura was taken down so easily. On the other hand, the female half was unharmed and tried to remain calm in their stead.

Coco: There was a bank robbery down in Vale and the crooks took a small portion of the money. (Y/N) was there and fought off Fox and Yatsuhashi while his accomplices got away.

Ozpin: Anything else to note?

Coco: No, Professor.

Ozpin: Then you all may leave. Take a night off to relax.

Velvet: We will. Thank you, Professor.

Once the two professors nodded off to them, the team left the office. But there was a divide among them, more than usual anyway.

On one side of the elevators, both Fox and Yatsuhashi leaned against the wall of the small elevator and avoided eye contact with either of the girls. Meanwhile, the two girls followed their gaze, both of which led to the ground. Taking a glance at each other, the two girls both sighed.

After the team had exited the elevator, Fox and Yatsuhashi sped away from the rest of their team. Glancing at each other once more, Velvet and Coco began to walk back to their dorm at a more relaxed pace.

Entering the team dorm, the two girls heard someone taking a shower and deduced it was Fox since Yatsuhashi was sitting at one of the desks and working. Deciding to wait until the ordeal had passed over, the two girls sat on their bed. Coco had grabbed a magazine and just read it while she laid on her bed. Velvet looked through the pictures she's taken with her camera.

Yet the very next day, Coco and Velvet woke up to the same alarm, only to see half of the team already out of the room.

Velvet: Should we look for them?

Coco: Let them let out some steam. We have classes today anyway.

Velvet nodded to the other girl. And now that the two were on the same wavelength, Coco took the first shower.

When the two of them were ready, Velvet and Coco went to their first class with no sight of the rest of their team. Nonetheless, both of them focused on their classes and nothing else.

So far, nothing of interest had happened. Even at lunch, the only thing to pick out of the usual Beacon crowd was the new first years. Though the only ones worth noticing were Pyrrha Nikos and she was famous so there was hardly a chance anyone would get to talk to her.

In the end, the two girls sat down with a small group of third years to eat lunch. Once they were done eating, Velvet finally broke.

Velvet: I'm going to look for them.

Coco: It won't work. Those boys barely have brains to process the orders I give them.

Ignoring her comment, the Faunus girl kept walking around the cafeteria, looking for her teammates. But, all of a sudden, someone grabbed her eyes and tugged on them, making Velvet feel like her ears would be ripped out.

???: Hey, Faunus, where do you think you're going?

Velvet: Let go!

???: Not a chance!

Struggling to get herself free, Velvet sill kept trying to get out of the grip of her latest tormentor. Noticing this, Coco got up from her seat and ran as fast as she could to help her teammate.

???: Hey, let her go, Cardin!

Before Coco could knock the Faunus hater down a peg or two, a girl in a red hood reached the two in a burst of petals.

Cardin: Why should I, pipsqueak? This animal deserves everything coming to her.

???: Let her go, asshole.

The next girl had a wild mane of blonde hair. She stood right next to the hooded girl with her hands on her hips, both with a bulky bracelet on them.

Cardin: You think I'm scared of two girls? Get them, guys!

Looking behind him, Cardin saw his team suspended in midair. Soon after, he felt his legs being lifted until he was hanging upside down, letting the blood in his body to rush towards his head. Though he still kept his grip of Velvet's ears.

Glynda: Mister Winchester, if you don't like detention, I'd suggest letting go of Miss Scarlatina.

When his eyes widened, Cardin immediately let go of Velvet's ears, only to drop to the ground headfirst once Glynda had stopped using her semblance.

Snapping out of her trance, Coco rushed over to Velvet.

Coco: Velv, are you going to be okay?

Velvet: Yes... I just need some time.

Slightly relieved, Coco turned to look at the two who had stopped Cardin from doing any more harm to Velvet.

Coco: Thanks for the help.

???: No problem, friends have to help each other, right?

Coco: Yeah.

???: I'm Yang and this is my baby sister, Ruby.

Coco paused. Something had clicked in her mind.

Coco: Yang... Xiao Long?

Yang: Yeah, have we meet?

A lightbulb seemed to go off in Coco's head. While Ruby was curiously watching the two, Coco reached into her pocket and pulled out the necklace. Upon seeing it, Yang's arms dropped to her side.

Coco: Do you recognize this?

Yang: It's... my mom's emblem.

Coco: How about we talk about this later? After class in the library.

Yang: I'll see you there.

Recomposing themselves, both pairs of girls went back to their groups with only one thing on their minds.

Ruby/Velvet: What was that about?

Yang/Coco: It's (Y/N).

~ BTYB Ruby and Velvet talking about weapons ~

A/N: So... if you're still here, then you clearly didn't give up on me and probably don't read the notes. Can't blame you though, these things are annoying when you're binging a story.

But... I'm done writing. So, I'll see you in hell.