11 - fun idea

[ irwin ]

a week before halloween, i held another meeting. but this time, it was for all employees.

meeting little liv a few days ago gave me the great idea to hold a company halloween party, or some sort of one.

once everyone was sat in the small room, i scanned all the faces, mindlessly looking for liv’s mother.

yeah, she was my own employee and i didn’t even know her name.

don’t judge me, i still don’t know how the hell i got a job as the manager.

so, once i found her and smiled at her a little, i began talking.

i told everyone that it would be required to dress up for halloween, wearing their costumes to work.

i also mentioned that i’d select a few people to sit at the front of the store and hand out candy to kids that came with their parents.

i thought it sounded fun, and i was genuinely pleased with the reaction i got.

i was expected the whole room to erupt in a chorus of groans and complaints.

but, instead, everyone fell into a quiet chatter amongst the group about what they were going to dress as, and how it would be a fun change from the normal uniform.

i excused everyone, feeling proud of myself for coming up with an idea that most everyone liked.

liv’s mom was one of the last to leave the room, and i held her back a second to get her name.

she told me it was kate, and i told her i was ashton.

she laughed and said that she could have guessed that, and then pointed to my name tag.

kate left without another word, leaving me alone to bask in my idiotic-ness.

-

im so sorry i never update ugh

thank you for sticking around if you have, ilysm