“I have already ordered drinks and a meal to be brought to us, shall we?” Mateo asks as he pulls me gently into the office and starts to walk towards the desk.  I stop in front of the couch and plead with my eyes to sit there in order to make this a more casual discussion.  He sighs but sits at one end of the couch, pulling me onto his lap.  I roll my eyes but don’t bother saying anything.

Raul clears his throat to disguise his smile and says, “We were told many stories about Luna Cici and the situation here in the United States, but I believe most, if not all, were lies.  The day before they left, I over heard a conversation in which Luna Patricia was discussing with Alpha Roger many things, most importantly that Luna Cici is the White Wolf.”

“Luna Patricia?  Roger has found his mate and has claimed his Luna?” Mateo asks quietly.

“Si, Alpha Roger has found his mate but he was seen without his shirt once and has been marked.  Luna Patricia wears very revealing clothing and I have never seen a mark on her.  I believe the more accurate titles should be Alpha Patricia and Luna Roger for I believe he answers to her and not the other way around.  I do know for a fact that she has made the claim that you, Alpha Mateo, have abused her.  Do you know Luna Patricia?”

“Not that I know of but I can assure you I never laid a finger on her, let alone abused her in any way.  I am not that kind of man and since I have never forced a woman to do anything, I know it to be lies.”

“I believe you, senior.  I do not know why I believe you so easily but there is just something about the two of you that make me want to trust you.  I do not know where to start my tale exactly.  I guess at the beginning would be best.  My wife, may she rest in peace, told of many stories about the time of Selene.  She was born into a pack that believed the white wolf would eventually return to bring peace to all and so every pack member was taught of Selene’s abilities, how they developed, how to help strengthen each and also how to guide the white wolf to greatness.  Before her death my wife taught our children everything she herself was taught.  I taught our children how to fight and protect however some of our abilities have meshed quite well together.  Over the years we have developed them into new and wonderful abilities.  For instance, you and your pack were not able to detect our presence until we allowed you to.”

“How does that work exactly?  Are you saying you can become invisible or that you can pop into places like I can?” I ask curiously.  Mateo puts his hand on my arm to stop me from disclosing too much but I just know that Raul at least is truthful and trustworthy.

“We have the ability to blend with our surroundings.  With just a simple thought we are able to disguise ourselves to match any surroundings, which includes our scents.” he explains to us patiently.

“Wow, can you teach me to do this?” I ask excitedly.

“Of course, Luna Cint-, er, Cici.  I would be most happy to teach you that as well as assist you through developing and honing your abilities.”

“Thank you.  I-” I start to say but Roberto walks into the room with a tray full of food and a few cans of Pepsi.  I smile at him as he sets the tray down.  He smiles back and turns to Mateo.

“Will that be all, Alpha?  Alpha Thomas has asked to speak to me.” 

“That will be all, Roberto, but I would like you to wait for Cici and I to join you for your talk with Thomas, if you don’t mind?” Mateo asks with a frown creasing his forehead.

“Of course, Alpha, Luna, Senior Raul.  I will wait in the kitchen and let Alpha Thomas know of you wish to join us.  If you need anything else, please just let me know.” he grins widely before walking back out of the room, closing the door quietly behind him.