Welcome To My Life

The bell rang, signaling the start of another day at Nevermore High School. A young girl gave a sigh of frustration at having to walk in the halls today, her name was Shadow Venom Reaper. She was a tall girl, standing at 6'4 with unnaturally pale skin. She had short black hair that went to about her chin and curled around her head in a bob. Her lips were a vibrant, yet deep red that contrasted surprisingly well with her ghostly white skin. All centering around her large round eyes that held pitch black Irises that swallowed her pupils. Most people avoided her because of her strang look, which was nice since Shadow didn't like people. Most would think it was from bullying or just a dislike of others, but the truth was far more interesting. You see Shadow is a vampire, you heard me right, a vampire. Shadow has been a vampire for 1,427 years now, but she says she's 16 because thats how old she was when she was turned. Shadow was bored since she lives alone and wanted to have a purpose, so she started going to high school since she never got to finish it.

As Shadow made her way through the hall she came across the 'N'. The N was a space in the center of the main building that had a huge N in the center. Tons of kids gather in this area to talk and it's always chaos. Shadow would try to avoid this place because of all the people, but she needed to get to class quick. Taking a deep breath, which was a mistake, Shadow shoke her head and began to make her way to the stairs. Her vision bagen to blur and her ears started to ring, her nose was swarmed with their scent. As a vampire Shadows primary instinct is to drink blood when it's near she has the need to hunt, but she can't. Shadow constantly focuses herself into submission to not drink.

She can hear their pulses in her ears, the smell of there blood as it flows through them. She can feel her fangs grow but she makes no move to stop. Since most acted like she was the plague so no one got in her way, and some even moved to avoid her. Her super speed activated as she struggled to remain in control. In no time she made it to class, and she sat in the back as she always does. 

Class went on like normal and Shadow sped through the notes since she knew everything, being alive for so many years will do that. She finished in the first 20 minutes and pulled out her sketchbook to pass the time. Everything seemed to disappear as she put in her headphones and began to sketch the night sky. 

It was from the perspective of someone looking up at the sky. They were in a forest clearing so the perimeter was circled with trees as it faded to the sky. The full moon showed brightly with stars littering the sky. She jumped when someone removed her left earbud.

"Yo, can you hear me now?"

She looks up to see a boy, standing around 5'3, slightly on the round side, with light ginger brown hair standing in front of her. Shadow couldn't help the look of slight unease at his presence.

"What do you want?"

Her voice was in a low whisper, hoping he would leave her alone.

"Well teach said we could talk when we finish our work. I see you're alway back here alone, so I came to say hi."

She gave the boy a look of distrust and she could see his smile falter a bit.

"I like being alone."

Shadow looked back to her sketch and began to work on it again. The boy remained where he was, his stare making Shadow uncomfterble.

"Well, I want to know you."

He sat down backward in the chair in front of her and rested his hands on the seat.

"My name is Clark, and I'm actually in most of your classes."

He extended his hand and waited patiently for Shadow to respond. Shadow pondered her options for a moment, thinking expertly as she always did. This boy was actively trying to befriend her, even when she said she didn't want to. He wasn't off put by her eyes and was even being patient with her. Shadow never let others close out of fear of hurting them or them finding out. From the looks of it though, this boy was not going to be easy to shake. Shadow curled into herself a bit before slowly, and shakily, extending her hand. Clark took it and shook rather harshly for Shadows taste. It made her flinch and pull away, Clark didn't seem to mind though.

"M-my name is Shadow."

She winced at her stutter but Clark didn't say anything though. Shadow just went back to drawing and Clark sat in silence, just watching her. With her music back Shadow lost herself in her art once more. It was sometime after when Shadow sat up to admire her art.

"Holy fuck that's insane!"

Shadow jumped again and looked to see Clark was still watching. Shadow thought for a moment if she should say anything. he really seemed to like the art...

"Would you like to have it?"

Clark looked at her with shock as she waited nervously for his answer.

"Wait are you for real?"

The look of joy in his eyes made Shadow smile.

"Yes, it was just a random sketch so I wouldn't mind giving it to you."

Clark was bouncing in excitement.

"Holy shit you're the coolest!"

Gently Shadow removed the picture and Clark took it excitedly, making sure not to harm it. The bell rang and everyone began moving, Clark waved goodbye, and with one more thank you, he was off. Shadow had a shy smile on her face as she packed up her things, never wanting this feeling of appreciation to leave.

The day went by and Shadow was turning ravenous, she hasn't eaten in so long and all the vulnerable prey was maddening. The only distraction she got was when the strange kid Clark came and talked with her, he even made her his partner in science. The finale bell rang and Shadow practically flew out of school, she needed to get away. She made it all the was to the park before she stopped, thinking she was safe for now. Shadow need to feed soon or she would go feral and won't be able to stop herself. But she just couldn't find anyone in a secluded enough area to feed properly.