"That makes more sense." I sighed. "It just feels wrong to celebrate so soon."

Jane smiled gently at me.

"This is something to be celebrated."

"She would want this for you." Thor added, giving me a reassuring pat on the head. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

I headed back to my chambers and looked at all my things. I took my maids book out of my pocket and sighed, flipping through the marked pages. I saw a flash of his name. I bit my lip and decided it was time to tackle the beast.

I got up and turned around to leave and walked straight into an iron chest plate. I looked up at Hugo and sighed.

"Hey."

"Hey (y/n). Or Sigyn."

"You heard huh?"

"I can't believe you never told me."

I scoffed.

"You wanna go there?"

"Look. I'm sorry about what I did. I got swept up in it all but that's no excuse. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm just trying to forget everything that happened that day."

"Can you forgive me?"

I took a minute. I wanted to forgive him, but there was so much to think about. However there was only one thing on my mind right now, and I wanted to get to it as soon as possible, so I agreed.

"Yeah. You're in the clear."

He smiled and hugged me.

"I missed you."

"You too loser. Now I gotta go and deal with something. See you tonight."

---

Lokis POV

I wasn't particularly enjoying this book. I've only read it a couple hundred times. Books get boring when you read them more than a hundred times. My life started to feel like an endless cycle of books, as they were the only thing that distracted me from my miserable life.

My father refused to trust me again. He took away my privileges. I was doomed to be confided to my cell for the rest of eternity. On top of that, I ruined the only good thing I had left in my life. I gave up on my book and lay it onto the ground next to me. I sighed and closed my eyes, picturing her heartbroken face as she found out what I did.

"Loki." She said my name, but I wasn't dreaming it. I opened my eyes and looked at her. She looked tired. Her eyes were sunken and heavy, and it seemed like she had lost weight. She looked frail, yet at the same time so strikingly beautiful.

"(Y/n)." I stood up and walked over to the barrier.

We haven't spoke since she found out about what happened. I had a complete psychotic breakdown not long before she arrived. She had seen me at my worst.

"I need to tell you something."

"Go on."

"My name isn't (y/n) anymore. Technically."

"Oh?"

"I go by Sigyn now. Goddess of victory."

"A goddess? One of victory whom has yet to live up to her name. Somewhat poetic." I smirked. I saw the corner of her lips twitch up for a second. At least I was getting somewhere. There was a pause before I broke the silence. "And what of us?"

"Why did you do it?" She asked quietly.

"I don't have a reason. When I saw that dark elf, I just channelled all of my hate towards my father. I didn't think about mother. Or you."

"Your father was the one who granted you opportunities."

"It is in no place for you to talk about my place with my father. You know that it was my mother who got me those opportunities to be with you."

"I'm sorry." She admitted. "It isn't my place." She perched herself on the step before the barrier. I sat in front of her. There was another moment of silence.

"She wanted us to marry, you know. She had been trying to make you a warrior for a while now. I think father just had to see you in action."

"I don't understand. I failed to save her."

"From what I hear, you protected her until you physically couldn't anymore. You risked everything."

"Everything wasn't enough." She started to tear up. All of my instincts told me to go toward her, to wipe away her tears and hold her. My heart was aching to heal her.

"Sometimes it isn't. And that's not something you can control." I assured her. She smiled weakly and looked up at me.

"Us, Loki? I am going to avenge Frigga. That's my first priority. And then I will talk to Odin to reinstate your previous privileges."

"I hear you my love."

She nodded, and looked into my eyes. For a second she looked almost swept away, before standing up and leaving.