1

It's been 2 months now. I miss you like crazy, I can't believe you're gone. I thought you would always be there for me. But I understand that you had to go. You couldn't stay with me forever. I wish you could have...

3 months earlier:

"I told you! That dress was MADE for you, Clara!"
"Marina, you have to say that! You picked it!"
That's when he said his first words of the night. "Marina is right. You look absolutely stunning. You are my angel in disguise." He crossed the room and grabbed me by my waist and pulled me in for a passionate, yet loving, kiss. I missed him back.
"A-hem!"
"Sorry.", I say, flustered. Don just chuckles at me. "No need to be embarrassed, sweets. Embrace the magic you posses!"
"Girls! You're ride is here!" My uncle and legal guardian for the past 4 years calls. "And you too, Don. I know you're up there.". Saun has given up trying to keep Don and I apart. There was really no point, we always found away to be beside each other any ways.
I turned to Marina, my best friend. "So this is it," I begin. "Oh, Shut Up!" She yells, and playfully smacks my shoulder. "It's just prom! I'll be there in a few hours! Just be good! And don't do anything I would do!" She adds the last part in as she pushes me towards the stairs. I stumble on my 4-inch heels for a second before regaining composure and gracefully walking downstairs, hand in hand with Don, my boyfriend of 3 years. He has been there for me through everything. We've been friends since the 4th grade, when he transferred to California from a small town in Canada. Saun stood by the door, speechless for once.
"Wow." Is all he can manage.
"Thanks, Saun. I'll see you in a week!" I give him a hug before walking out to our corvette, our bags already packed for the week after prom. Two days for the prom after party held at someone's cottage, and then 5 days for alone time with Don and I. I couldn't wait for that. He made all problems disappear. He was my angel, and I his. We were made for each other. And I couldn't wait until we got married in 4 years. We'd been planning our future ever since we had a present. If I knew what was going to happen...I would have begged to stay home for that week. I would do dishes for a month. Just to keep reality from setting in. They say nothing lasts forever...I thought he was my nothing.