A couple hours later, Monique was sitting behind her desk at the building reception as she typed something onto her computer.

She stopped for a while to rub her forehead frustratingly as her eyes flickered down to the phone landline beside her. Every morning when she got into work, David would ring the landline within 5-10 minutes to tell her good morning and ask her if she had slept well the night before and how her morning had went, but that morning was different as it had been an hour since she settled in at work and still no call from him. She knew that he was up in his office as she spotted his car parked outside, but each minute that he didn't call made her start to worry.

She pushed the landline to the side and kissed her teeth impatiently, before going to quickly type away on the computer, with an annoyed look evident on her face.

"Good morning, Monique" she heard someone say seconds later, and she looked up from her computer to see Steve smiling down at her.

"Morning Steve" she smiled back.

"Can you take these files up to Mr Morris, I have to head to a meeting in his place" Steve uttered, handing her the large document files. "Oh and be careful, he seems a little moody and out of place today" he said, nodding his head at her before walking off.

Monique watched as he strolled towards the entrance, before taking a deep breath and getting up from her seat. She grabbed the files of from the desk and with that she walked over to the elevator with millions of thoughts running through her mind.

A minute later, she arrived outside his office. She wasted no time knocking on his door before making her way in, not bothering to wait for him to say 'come in'.

David stood staring down his office bay window with his hands in his pockets. As he heard his door push open he slowly turned around to see Monique scowling over at him before strutting over to place some files on his desk. "Steve asked me to give you these files so here you go" she said sternly, before rolling her eyes away.

David gaze over at her before running his hands down his face and going to walk towards her. For the past four days he had been an emotional wreck and it was all because of Michelle. He didn't know what to think or do, which lead to him distancing himself from Monique a bit, but as he saw her standing there with a hurt and pissed off expression on her face all he wanted to do was just hold and reassure her. His head might be clouded and confused more than ever, but one thing he was sure of was that he was falling for Monique, he just wished he knew how to move on so he never had to distance himself from her again for any reason.

He never thought that he could gain feelings for somebody else again after Michelle, he never thought it'd be with a girl like Monique either.

"You're avoiding me" Monique spoke up, breaking the silence between them. "You didn't bother to call me and when I did call you, you never bothered to pick up, why's that?... do you regret us sleeping together, is that it?-

"No, I don't regret it one bit" said David as he removed his hands from his pockets to walk over to her.

"Then why?-... look David I don't have time to waste so-

"There's been a lot going on in my mind for the past several days and I've been very busy with certain things. I know that's not an excuse but I'm sorry... please forgive me" he whispered the last bit, whilst slowly wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him.