Chapter Twenty-Five

For the first time since school started, Lawson found himself getting lunch with Glenn, just the two of them. Towards the end of highschool and through the summer, them hanging out had been a common occurrence, but once school had began, Lawson figured if Glenn didn't have enough time for Nathan, he probably didn't have enough time for him as well, and they spent marginally less time together. Also, there was, of course, the break up, and Lawson feared that seeing Glenn at that point would just be awkward.

But things were clearly better now, and Glenn was back to seeming like himself, so Lawson had figured it was a good time for the two of them to catch up.

"So why haven't you just moved in?" Lawson asked, sipping at his glass of water as he watched his friend flush across the table. "I mean, you're there all the time. Nate said you pretty much spend every night there anyways. Why not just move in?"

"Well first off, he hadn't asked me to move in, so it'd be weird if I just started bringing my stuff over," Glenn pointed out, cheeks still pink, but a smile pulling at his lips when Lawson laughed. "Second off... I would love to live with him, I would, and fuck I love him, but once we move in together... that's it. I mean, I know we're going to end up together, I can just feel it, so I know that once I move in with him, I'm never going to live alone again, and I just... I guess I just want to experience that for a little longer".

Glenn, similar to Sean, was living alone due to his roommate having moved out, though the difference was Sean's roommate had left willingly, and Glenn's had been kicked out of school when he was caught stealing computers from the campus.

"Is living alone really that great?" Lawson inquired, thinking about his boyfriend who often said living alone was quiet and boring. His question was immediately answered when Glenn grimaced a little.

"It's not... horrible".

"You'll feel much better about it once you meet my roommate," Lawson assured.

"Ahh yes. The super handsome one that I've heard so much about?"

"Yeah, but don't say that to his face," Lawson instructed, and Glenn laughed. "He's annoying enough already. Did Nathan tell you about the picture of Sean and I he posted last week? The one Sean's parents- who didn't know he had a boyfriend- saw?"

"I might have heard about that," Glenn admitted softly, smiling a little as he chewed on a French fry. "Did that all go over well?"

"Yeah, actually," Lawson responded, not bothering to hide his surprise. When returning to Sean's apartment last Saturday, after finishing breakfast of course, Sean had video chatted his parents and introduced Lawson to them, which had gone far better than Lawson had been expecting. "Apparently his parents like me, which is great, and talking to his brother was... interesting because they look so much alike, but he's easy to get along with".

"That's great," Glenn confirmed. "Almost makes you wonder why you were so nervous to meet them all in the first place, right?" Lawson wanted to agree, but he couldn't, because he hadn't forgotten why he was so nervous to meet them in the first place. "Uh oh, what's wrong?"

Glenn's food was pushed to the side as he leaned forwards against the table eagerly. This was Glenn's forte; taking care of others and helping them sort through their problems.

"Nothing, it's just..." Lawson sighed and looked at his water. "Sean waited so long to tell his parents about me because he said they were cautious of him getting in another relationship because of what happened with him and his ex". Glenn nodded, still looking at him expectantly, and Lawson's just shrugged his shoulder to say that was it.

With a frown, Glenn said, "okay... what happened with him and his ex?"

"That's the thing. He still hasn't told me. We barely have even talked about him. I don't even know his name. All I know is that they're still friends and talk on the phone sometimes". While Lawson trusted Sean- he did- knowing his boyfriend was still friends with and talking to his ex-boyfriend was a difficult concept to grasp, especially since Sean hadn't really explained to Lawson what had happened between the two of them. Glenn's lips formed a small 'o' and his eyes shifted slightly to the side. For a moment, he seemed to be considering this.