Chapter Fifteen

The following Saturday found Lawson in his dorm room readying himself for an afternoon with Sean. While he was usually very excited to see the other boy, this time was a little different.

It was more than just excitement. He was ecstatic. Uncontrollably happy. Giddy.

Because despite telling Sean many many times that it wasn't necessary, the other boy was insisting on them going to play tennis, and Lawson loved tennis, and he-

He really liked Sean.

For the whole morning he felt like he was doing a fine job of hiding his joy, but by the time he was changing and gathering his things, he was practically vibrating.

"I don't know why you're like this, but you seriously need to calm down," Wesley urged, and Lawson jumped, forgetting that he was there. It wasn't often that Wesley was around for the weekends, and when he was he was typically hanging out with friends, but an upcoming exam was stalling all of his plans, and every time he spoke it startled Lawson. "You keep... glitching or whatever the fuck and it's giving me a headache".

Staying on campus for the weekend for Wes meant not seeing his boyfriend, which meant that he was going to be in a terrible mood until they saw one another again.

"I'm... sorry. I'm gonna be leaving you alone in a minute, I swear. I'm just excited," Lawson admitted, and his face felt hot so he turned away quickly. It was no surprise that Wesley was a nosey roommate, always wanting to know what he was doing or where he was going incase an opportunity to tease him arouse, but Lawson was hopeful that this time, Wesley would leave it alone and go back to his studies.

It was a stupid thing to wish for, because of course Wesley would be even more desperate to tease him. After Delaney, teasing was probably the thing that made him most content. Flirting would have to be the third.

"Where you going, Lawson?"

"I'm wearing athletic clothes and holding a tennis bag. Where do you think I'm going?" Lawson grumbled, hoping that Wesley would allow him to leave it at that. Instead, the other boy hummed thoughtfully.

"You're that excited to play tennis by yourself?" Wes asked. "Or, perhaps, someone is accompanying you? Who would that be, I wonder. Hmmm. Hmmmm! Maybe a very attractive boy by the name of Sean? Hmmm".

"Stop making that sound," Lawson grumbled before turning back to him, eyes narrowed. "What's it matter to you if Sean and I are going to play tennis?"

"It doesn't really," Wesley admitted with a shrug. "I'm just wondering what's going on between the two of you, I guess. I mean, you talk about him a lot, and you're always smiling at your phone, and you don't hang out in the room nearly as much as you used to. I know you're not with Kye and Reese because I asked them, and ast time I talked to Nathan, he said you haven't been spending much time with him, which means that you and Sean are together all the time". Wes paused to bite on the end of his pen for a second. "Also, he's totally into you".

Everything before that last statement was suddenly disregarded in Lawson's mind, and he leaned forward eagerly. The shift from annoyance to interest that must have shown on his face surprised Wesley, because his eyes widened a bit, brows raising above them. "What makes you say that? I mean... did you like overhear him or something-" The laugh that interrupted him startled him.

"Oh my god, Lawson. You can't seriously be that clueless". Lawson wasn't. He knew Sean liked him, he just wanted to know why Wesley knew it. "I mean, I figured he was interested since you're cute all, and he was willingly helping you with math which is literally so fucking boring-"