Chapter 19

•KANE•

We been sitting in this waiting room for almost an hour and nobody came to tell us anything.

"Bro Ariana is a strong woman she gone make it". Ashton said rubbing my shoulder.

"Where mommy". Iris asked looking from my chest.

"She's getting medicine because she's sick". I said and she nodded laying her head back down.

"Family of Ariana Fletcher". I heard causing me to stand up.

"So Wassup she good right can we go back there". I ask shifting iris to my left arm.

"I'm so sorry we did everything we could there's nothing else we can do". Doctor Myers said with a sad look on her face.

"Come on bro please don't tell me that shit". I said stepping back.

"Bro pull your self together yo daughter right here man". Ashton said holding my back as I shook my head in disbelief.

"You may go back and see her if you would like". She said before turning around and walking away.

"Look I got her go do what you need to do". He said taking iris from my arms letting her lay her head on his chest.

Nodding I run my hands down my face and walking down the hall to her room. When I make it to her door I hold the knob for a minute before twisting it and walking in. Looking up she looked so pale and peaceful lying there. Taking a seat in the chair by the bed I grab her hand that was turning cold and held it.

"Man Ariana I'm sorry for all the Shit I did to you man I should've never let T'mesha come at you the way she did I should have shown you respect". I said taking a pause when my voice started to crack.

"What am I supposed to tell our daughter man she gone be so confused". I said looking off to the side at nothing in particular.

Hearing a knock on the door I quickly wipe my face and sit up.

"Damn this shit actually happening". Ashton said walking in staring at her lifeless body.

"You know what this shit mean right". He asked taking a seat on the couch.

"That nigga dead on my kids". I said shaking my head with a sigh.

"Oh fasho we on his ass". He said nodding when another knock came to the door.

"Hi, we need to know who's going to be taking the baby". The nurse said holding a clipboard.

"I'm his father". I said and Ashton looking at me crazily.

"Great I need you to sign the birth certificate and give this little guy a name". She said just as a nurse rolled in the baby bed.

Taking the clipboard from her I sign my name and gave him the name kaelan before handing her the clipboard back.

"What a beautiful name we already ran his tests and everything he's good to go". She said and I nod giving her the okay.

"Dude you can't be seriously thinking about taking this child in as yo own". He asked as soon as the door closed.

"I did all that bad shit to Ariana so I want to make it up and give her son a good life". I said staring at him and he looked so much like her but you can definitely tell he was my father's son.

"Do you think he raped her because I know Ariana and she would not ever fuck him willingly". Ashton said and I nod in agreement with him.

"That's got to be the only explanation but let's get outta here I can't see her like this no more". I said standing up and placing kaelan in the car seat Ari had me go get from her car earlier.