Once we reached the hotel room, we literally fought over who would shower first. He insisted that he go first because he was older which I quickly protested, calling him childish. After five minutes of fighting over the shower, he just let me go and I cheered. He just rolled his eyes at me playfully.

Now we both lay in one of the hotel beds just relaxing as we just wait until we go to the bar. My head rested on his chest as our legs intertwined at the end of the bed. His arms wrapped tightly around me as if he didn't want me to leave as his chin rested gently on the top of my head. The thought of that produced a small smile on my face.

"Alex," Dean suddenly said my name and I looked at him with concern. "Do you think we can make this last?"

His question threw me back a lot. We could make it work, what is he talking about? Can we?

"I mean," He clears his throat shakily and I place my hand on top of his, giving him a reassuring squeeze. "I'm screwed up, there's no doubt about that, but it's too much to handle. I can barely handle it. I don't want my problems to burden and embarrass you. I'm trying my best to hide them from you but it just gets harder and harder every day because we are so close already. I don't want to disappoint you."

I sit up and turn to face him, a frown displayed on his face.

I reach up and place my hands softly on either side of his face, looking into his eyes.

He looked so defeated, his eyes were so haunted. I knew he had a bad past and I still have no idea about but I'm willing to work with him because I love him. I want this to work because I love him.

I know I can't fix his problems but I can tolerate them. all he needs is someone to be there to guide him with support.

"Dean," I finally speak, smiling softly. "We will make it work because I love you and you love me. Your problems will never defeat that feeling because something like that is so rare."

I watch as he processed my words before a big smile spread across his face. He suddenly placed his lips against mine and laid me on the bed, hovering over me.

I kiss him back just as hard, wrapping my arms around his neck to get closer.

He pulls away out of breath before looking into my eyes. "I love you."

My heart fluttered at that and I quickly kissed him back, bringing him back down on top of me.

Let's just say, the next hour was filled with pleasure and fun.

■■■

The bar roared with music as Dean opened the door for me, letting me go first. I thanked him, placing my hand in his and intertwining our fingers. The boys had said that they were already here and were in a booth all the way in the back.

I lead Dean through the booming crowd of the dance floor. Why was it so packed? It was only a Wednesday.

I spot Jeff and smile, pulling Dean next to me.

"You ready?" I ask him, noticing he looked nervous.

"Do I have a choice?" He jokes and I smack his chest playfully.

He leans down slightly and places a quick kiss on my lips.

"What was that for?" I ask as we get close to the table.

"You look beautiful," was his answer.

No matter how many compliments he gives me, my cheeks will always get red. He is the only person who has that effect on me. Besides my fifth grade crush but that doesn't count, I was a child.