Chapter 18: Dinner Time (Milo)

Začít od začátku

"Ask him," replied Arianna. "If Collin says yes, then he can't be mad at any of us when he comes back."

"I can," I said. "He calls every night. I'll ask if I can meet with the other subs you know. I think Collin will let me."

Jaze smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "Problem solved."

***

I finished off the snacks Arianna had sent up. She had noticed that I hadn't eaten much at dinner and had Julie bring me some. I munched on a crackers as I massaged my ankles. My feet were getting used to this new way of walking. It made me wonder how it would feel to walk around as human again. I wiggled my toes.

The phone on the nightstand started to vibrate. I jumped up and hurried to answer it. Only one person ever called. I smiled at Collin's name which was written on the screen.

I pressed the green button. "Hi."

"Milo," Collin breathed. "My little long-lost mate, how was your day been?"

I laughed to myself. "Fine. Your sister came by."

"Arianna?"

"No, Jaze."

He was quiet for a moment. "What did she want?"

"To meet me. I had dinner with them."

"So you left the room?"

"You said little acts of rebellion were okay. I came right back to the room after."

He laughed. "You sound so panicked. It's fine, Milo. Did it go okay?"

"Yeah." I chewed on one of my claws. "Your mom still doesn't care for me, but Jaze seemed nice. Um..." I sat down on the floor and crossed my legs. "She wanted me to ask you something."

"Like what?" he muttered.

"She knows some subs and wanted to see if I could meet them."

Collin groaned. "I don't want you around people I don't know. At the moment, my trust levels are rather low. I can tell my roommates are sick of all my bitching about having to leave you for so long."

"I told them I'd ask to make sure you're okay with it but I can wait until you get back."

"Hmm..." Collin yelled at someone but the voices were muffled. "Fuck you, wait until you have a mate." Someone laughed. "This is a private conversation. Get the hell out."

I tried not to smile. He was having such a hard time. It was kind of cute to think of a such a strong dominant getting all mopey over me. It was a nice contrast to the other images of dominants I had in my head which were centered around pain and toxins. I shifted my weight as I remember my experiences with werewolf toxins.

"Are you still there?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"I'll call my sister and talk to her about it." He let out a sigh. "I know you want to talk to other subs. I just want to be there with you."

"I understand."

"Nothing else happen today?"

"No. I watched TV and slept. I feel like I'm getting lazy."

Collin chuckled. "It's the life of a dominant's mates. We'll find you a few hobbies when I get back."

"As long as I don't have to watch TV all day," I breathed.

He continued to laugh. "I have to go. I love you, Milo. I'll be back soon."

I smiled. "I love you too. I'll be right here when you get to come home."

"God, you make being here so hard." He cleared his throat. "Let's get through this and then we can figure out what we want to do next."

"Umm... Collin?"

"Yeah."

"I know I shouldn't ask. Something like this shouldn't come from a werewolf with my rank, but"—I rubbed my forehead— "my family?"

"I'm already working on it."

A warm feeling filled my chest. "Thank you."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

"I'll be here."

He hummed to himself. "That's what's getting me through this. Bye, Milo."

"Bye."

The call ended and I put the phone back on the small dresser. I climbed up onto the bed and rolled around. Collin was already working on helping my family. I hid my face in a pillow to conceal my oversized smile. He really was the best mate I could have ever asked for.