“Holly, come in.” He said in a shocked voice.

I stepped into the mansion. So much for kissing in the rain.

“What are you doing here?” He asked as I took down my hood and sighed, shutting the door behind me.

“Jackson said you wanted to talk to me and I don’t have your number.” I said quickly. “Sorry if I’m interrupting something.”

“No.” He said quickly. “It’s fine. I’m glad you came over.”

I smiled and looked down at my feet awkwardly. “So, uh, what did you want?” I asked, sucking up my embarrassing shyness and looking up at him.

“Well, I was wondering if you had plans tomorrow night.” He said quietly.

I felt a smile wipe across my face and my heart beat picked up rapidly. “N-no.” I said quickly. “No plans.”

He smiled a little bit. “Good. I’m going to the movies with a bunch of people from school and I thought maybe you’d like to get away from all the fame for a little bit.”

I forced myself not to grin like a wild idiot when he said that because in my mind, that was sort of kind of maybe almost a date. And it was better than nothing. “Yeah, sure. I’d love to.”

“Cool. How’s your head feel?” He asked.

“Better.” I said with a small smile. “It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“That’s good. Do you want to stay for a  little bit? The rain shouldn’t last much longer.” He said softly.

“Yeah, sure.” I responded eagerly, hoping that it wasn’t too eager. “So what’s your room look like?”

“Like an average, boring room.” He said slowly. “Why?”

“Well… I want to see.” I said with an innocent smile.

Kale just shook his head. “No, that’s okay.”

“Please?” I asked, giving him my best puppy dog face.

He sighed. “Nope.”

I formed a plan in my mind to escape and get upstairs before Kale could stop me and then counted to three in my head. 3… 2… 1… I took off, quickly passing Kale and running up the stairs. I hoped I remembered where his room was from when I ran into him the first morning.

“Holly!” Kale yelled from behind me.

“Can’t catch me!” I sang as I got to the top of the stairs, Kale was still halfway up them and gaining on me. Man, he’s fast.

I pushed faster, running through the halls of the mansion and finally landing in the right hallway. Now, if I could just guess the right door. I have probably one chance before Kale catches me, so if it’s the wrong door, then I lose.

I chose quickly and slid open the door with a large grin on my face when I realized that I chose the right room. The walls were a weird creamish color with a bed that was covered in a dark blue comforter across from a wooden desk with a huge flat screen TV hovering above the desk on the wall. On the other side of the room, there were two doors with a couch and a coffee table. It was easy to see that his room was identical to mine, structure wise, of course. It was messy, too. Clothes were scattered around the floor and there were food wrappers around his bed. Cups and cans scattered the bedside table.

I felt Kale’s presence behind me and spun around with a smile on my face. “It’s cute.”

“It’s not cute.” He defended.

“Well then what is it?” I asked with a teasing smile.

“It’s just a room.” He said simply. “With a little mess.”

“Okay.” I said slowly. “I like it.”

“Uh, thanks?”

I just smiled.

“So Jackson said that you’re going to sing at the Fourth of July party.” Kale said randomly.

“Well, I’m not.” I said firmly.

“Why not?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

My face burned red. “Because I don’t sing. Especially not in front of people.”

“I’m sure you’re not bad.”

“Well, I am. Even if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t get up and sing in front of people. No way.”

“Stage fright?”

“Yeah.” I sighed. “I don’t even know why he thought I’d do that.”

“Maybe he believes in you. I do too.” He said softly.

I breath got caught in my throat as I suddenly forgot how to breathe. “Really?” I squeaked.

“Yeah, I mean, you can do it. It’ll just take a little work.”

“Well, how do you know that? Like, last year, my friend dropped out of the talent show and I tried to perform for her but then everything went wrong and these people started to-“

I was cut off, like usual when I start to babble. But it wasn’t Kale saying something or leaving the room. He didn’t put his hand on my mouth or roll his eyes. No, he leaned in and put his lips on mine.

He kissed me.

It took me a minute, but when I got over the shock, I kissed him back. I mean, who wouldn’t?!

It didn’t last long, it was really short. But when he pulled away, he looked into my eyes with his bright, mesmerizing blue ones and when he spoke, I could feel his breath on my lips. “You can do it.” 

I didn't really have any other choice but to believe him.

______________________________________________________

Wow, I didn't see that coming. Okay, comment and vote and such :P

The beautiful cover is by BirdyBirdy xD

Thanks for reading!