Chapter 5

Re-read chapter 4! There's a whole new chapter added to it!
Now, you can continue reading. Enjoy!

XXI

The people are surprisingly understanding afterward. They stop attacking the man, seemingly forgetting about whatever trouble he caused. Instead, focusing on him with an intensity that almost makes him falter as they treat him a bit too reverently for his liking. Well, at least they're not fighting anymore.

The man he saved is understandably wary of the others, but he's also the first person that helped him stand up and walk on his own. So that's a plus to him, unlike the others who seem afraid to touch him.

He's not sure if introducing Dimtr is the best way to go but when it's obvious they're leaving to some place and taking him away with them, he has to. After all, he can't leave him in a place he doesn't know when he's not sure he even knows the language.

Besides, it's not like he can't stupify them if he wants to. His magic is at his beck and call even without his wand, probably an aftereffect of having a magical creature as his animagus form as instead of having a core like he used to, magic floods his veins.

So, he motions Dimtr to come forward with a hand gesture. The others stop to stare at him before glancing at the direction he's pointing at, where Dimtr is now appearing warily.

"Do you know Chinese?" he asks as soon as he's at arm length.

After a long moment of staring at him, with those intense eyes of his, he nods, "Enough." Then he proceeds to introduce himself to the others, who all look appraisingly at him in a way one does a possible threat.

Do they sense his power, too?

Dimtr then turns to him. "They want to know your name."

"Harry," he answers back without thinking. Dimtr arches an eyebrow at him, unimpressed as if to say 'really?'

Harry flushes, something he doesn't miss to be able to do again but nods with a pout.

Oh, expressions, he thinks as he subtly touches his face, taking a moment to marvel at the smoothness and flexibility of his skin. That, that he has missed.

They again exchange words without him understanding a word, so he turns to the man he's saved who is still near him. The man looks at him immediately, his brown eyes almost as intent as Dimtr's.

Harry points at himself. "Harry," he says before pointing at the man with a tilt of his head.

"I understand English," the man answers in a slow way that shows how not used to it he is.

Oh, well. What a way to make him feel dumb. He flushes even brighter.

"My name's Harry, then, smart guy. What's yours?"

"Fon." He then bows his head in apology. "I understand English, but I don't speak it well."

"Oh. The others understand English, too, then?"

Fon nods. And damn, but he wanted to ask him about his situation.

"Where are we going?" he asks after a while when the people stop talking with Dimtr.