22

Chapter 22: Played Like a Fool
"When you see my face
Hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way
Hope it gives you hell"
- The All-American Rejects

The blonde was back on land,  silently watching as  all the people began reuniting with their loved ones, it always made her happy to watch them reunite and know that she had some part on their happiness

The blonde was back on land, silently watching as all the people began reuniting with their loved ones, it always made her happy to watch them reunite and know that she had some part on their happiness. Well it was great when she was successful, not so much when she had to watch people mourn when she failed. Luckily that wasn't the case that day.

Even as Ember proudly watched the happy families, she was also done with everything all she wanted was to head home. The fifteen year old girl waited for what felt like ages. Her head felt like Thor just smashed it with his hammer, she was ready to sleep for the next year but the billionaire was taking forever. The thing about Ember Snow is that she's still a teenager and she has close to none patience. The blonde was ignoring the incessant buzz from her phone and with every little sound it made made her want to throw it as far as possible. Perhaps it was time to leave before Carter and Angie came looking for her and probably kill her for skipping class.

"What you did back there was impressive" she heard someone say as they walked to stand next to her.

"I would hope so. I feel like I'm about to collapse" she complained. Ember felt like she could barely keep her eyes open, there was no way she could slide back home. "Since you are the one that dragged me here I was hoping you would give me a ride"

"I suppose it's only fair, but we need to make one quick stop"

"What you need to deal with the press?" Ember asked, looking at the line of reporters that were taking pictures of the damaged ferry and asking questions. Thankfully they couldn't care less about a young teenager hiding in the shadows, as far as they knew she wasn't even there.

"Worse. I have to deal with a teenager"

"Oh this is about to get interesting" Ember grinned, knowing Spiderman was in some serious trouble."Where is the little asshole?"

"Probably hiding on top of a building" Stark shrugged, putting on his mask again and propelling himself a couple feet of the ground. "So let's go"

As the blonde was about to follow him, the throbbing headache stopped her. She went overboard with her powers and if she even tried to fly or slide around she would end up falling. Even if she wanted nothing ,ore but to see Stark giving Spider-Man a piece of his mind she needed a bit of rest.

"On second thought i'll wait here"

Tony frowned and took a quick look at the girl. Her face was sickly pale not to mention her hands were shaking like crazy "You don't look so good" He said, genuinely worried. After all she was just a teenager and if something happened to her on his watch he could never forgive himself. "I could call Happy - "