19

Chapter 19: Change of plans
"Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are strong
But you can cry on them too"
- Lemonade Mouth

Chapter 19: Change of plans"Reach for my hand'Cause it's held out for youMy shoulders are strongBut you can cry on them too"- Lemonade Mouth

Ember Snow spent her whole life trying to accept the fact that she was different. The fact that even her own mother couldn't bare to be near her hurt the young girl. But.she kept going, she had other people there for her, trying to help her and accepting her no matter what. She had a family.

She found a woman whom she told everything, someone who saw her powers as something beautiful not dangerous. She found a man who trained her, someone who helped her love her abilities instead of fearing them. And she found a boy, someone who made her feel normal and happy. Now, she didn't have any of them, she had the memory of the woman who stood by her side until her very last breath,  the memory of the man who was forced to run after he went against the government, and the boy was just another person who wouldn't accept her and unlike the other two people on her list he wasn't forced to leave her but he chose to do so.

That boy wasn't worth her time, he wasn't worth her tears. She had cried for Anastasia Snow, and she had cried for Steve Rogers but now she refused to cry for Peter Parker.

After Ember arrived home, she sent a quick text letting her father know there was ni need for him to go pick her up at the Parker's residence. The blonde walked straight to her room, ignoring Angela's questioning from the kitchen. Once the teenage girl was finally alone in the comfort of her room, she broke.

She refused to cry but that didn't mean she could control her frustration, she began throwing all the papers on her desk, clenching her fists trying to control the tears that threatened to flow. But even if she tried her hardest, she wasn't able to contain one single tear that fell down her cheek,  that tear wasn't for Peter Parker. It was for the hope she felt when she was near him, for that sense of normality she got when they talked, both things that just crumbled into nothing the moment she walked out of his room.

"Ember is everything, alright?" Angela knocked on the teenagers door, after hearing a crash. Ember wasn't supposed to be there yet, Carter told Angela he was picking the teenager from "freaking Parker's" house. Still, the teenager walked into the apartment, while Carter still had about half an hour of work, looking like she was ready to freeze someone.

Cleaning the lonely tear off her cheek just as soon as it fell, the blonde was quick to reassure her stepmother. "Its alright Ange, I just tripped"

Even standing behind the closed door Angela could tell the blonde teenager was lying, but she decided not to push it. She knew Ember would talk when she was ready. "I was about to make some hot chocolate, would you like some?"

"Actually, I have a lot homework but thanks" At her answer Angela frowned, Ember wasn't one to turn down a cup of hot chocolate, not even for homework. Whatever happened with Peter really upset the blonde and Angela wished there was some way she could help.