16

Chapter 16: The Tragedy Of The Unknown
"Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room
And we're not speaking and I'm dying to know
Is it killing you like it's killing me, and the story of us
looks a lot like a tragedy now"
- Taylor Swift

Chapter 16: The Tragedy Of The Unknown"Now I'm standing alone in a crowded roomAnd we're not speaking and I'm dying to knowIs it killing you like it's killing me, and the story of uslooks a lot like a tragedy now"- Taylor Swift

She stared at where Peter was standing just a few seconds ago, confused. Peter wasn't a bad guy and he was generally sweet with her, but now for some reason he blew her off completely, and it hurt. Ember took a deep breath, put on a fake smile and tried ignore the pain she felt in her stomach. If Peter Parker thought she was the kind of girl who would just allow him to be rude without any explanation he was very wrong. Ember Snow was not about to be blown off without an explanation by two guys in less than twenty four hours. If Peter didn't want to talk at the moment, she could understand that, but he had to talk to her at some point, right?

Turns out maybe not. For the rest of the morning Ember tried to catch up with the boy and talk to him but he was nowhere to be found. He was avoiding her and she knew it, the question was why. If he was mad at her for something she wanted to know or if it had nothing to do with her then she still wanted to know and try to help him with whatever was bothering him.

"Did you catch up with your boyfriend?" Michelle asked, once she spotted Ember walking towards her. After first period, Ember ran off trying to catch up with Peter and the brunette decided to go to her next class instead of following her, now, it was the first time she saw the blonde since then and she wanted to know what happened.

"First of all, not my boyfriend" Ember pointed out, something Michelle decided to ignore as the two girls began walking towards the cafeteria "And I guess, kind of?" The blonde answered the question, which made her tall friend look at her expectantly "I apologized but he barely said anything. Even when I asked if we were okay, he just walked away with no answer. He's avoiding me"

Michelle frowned, that was unlike Peter. Everything with that boy was very weird lately, she knew he was hiding something and she was almost certain about what that something was, but still, she never thought he would ignore Ember especially when he was always looking at her with lost puppy eyes. Michelle was confused, things seemed just fine between the two when they were on their way to Washington, sure then Ember had a little break down but Peter seemed to care when they bumped into him that night. The brunette basically told him Ember liked him and that she was just waiting for him to say something, and from the way he reacted Michelle was almost certain he was going to talk to the blonde. Maybe Michelle misread the sings and Peter wasn't into Ember, maybe he liked someone else and he was listening to what she told him, he was letting Ember go because he didn't care. It was possible but something wasn't adding up for her.

It was quite a coincidence that both Spider-Man and Peter Parker decided they wanted nothing to do with the short blonde at the same time. If Michelle's theory was correct, Peter Parker and Spider-Man were the same person, but why would they choose to blow off their ally or friend in Peter's case at the same time. And then it clicked, Peter knew Ember was Ice Sorceress. Somehow he discovered the truth and for some reason he decided to push the blonde away.