Chapter 1~That Summer

I love him, I fell in love with him. That summer. I never once in my life thought that I would find the one, but I guess wishes do come true.

Maybe I should start from the beginning, my name is Ingrid and I am a mess. I grew up moving from place to place because I was, what you would call, a Navy Brat. Moving was my escape from the real world, it was my way of being me, no one could take it away. Until it ended and my dad got out of the Navy. We lived in Seattle for the longest time when he got out, but then he wanted to take my mom, my sister and I on one last journey before I graduated. We moved and the destination was so different from what we were used to, Louisiana. Louisiana was where I found a good life and it's also where I decided I wanted to continue my dads legacy. I was going to join the Military.

So in the midst of us moving a lot and finding our forever home, I obviously had some crushes, but one I just never got over. It was just so weird because we grew up together and I was, in my opinion, way out of his league. Parker Lakes, the most beautiful boy I have ever laid my eyes on. He was perfect, dark brown hair, blue eyes, good with kids, and on top of all of that he joined the Army. Like, how perfect is he? So perfect! Ugh, I wish he would notice me, but it has also been like 8 years since we've seen each other, so it might be hard.

I think that's enough from the past to kind of catch y'all up, maybe a little too much. Anyways, I have now been in the Navy for a year and I am absolutely loving it! This past summer helped a lot too. In May, I got a letter from my mom talking about me coming home for the summer and it had a plane ticket for California in it. It was weird considering the fact that we didn't even live there and I thought she would want to see me. As a read the letter, she seemed to have already planned our family vacation and that was a summer in California. She said that I would be meeting an old friend at the airport and that we were going to be staying with them. I had no clue who she was talking about, but I just went along with it.

June 2nd, the day I got to see my family after six long months, I was so excited! I was also a little nervous about this meeting at the airport, like how did I know they wouldn't kill me? I didn't.

As I waited at baggage claim, someone taped my shoulder. Parker Lakes. The absolute love of my life. He was in his uniform and looking as handsome as ever. He was the mystery friend.