e p i l o g u e

it's been a fun and wild ride <3

Worth the Wait: epilogue

| Wednesday: March 2nd, 2022. 4:22 am |

Laura suddenly jolts awake as a shock of pain shoots through her body. She lets out a pained groan and holds her stomach. She forcefully shoves Ross beside her, hoping it was enough to get him awake. He gently pushes her back.

"Ross!" She exclaims through her teeth. She hits him again. All of a sudden, her pain goes away. She takes a deep breath and leans her back against the headboard. She looks beside her and sees Ross rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asks, now sitting up himself.

"I'm pretty sure I just had a contraction." She whispers.

"For real?" He asks, suddenly wide awake. She mumbles a yes and Ross immediately gets out of bed and turns on the bedroom lights. "Well what are you waiting for? We need to go to the hospital." Laura lightly laughs at him. "This is no time for laughing, babe!"

"Ross, honey, my water hasn't even broke yet." Laura tells him.

"Laura, you're a few days past your due date. Luna could be here in five minutes-" She cuts him off.

"It doesn't work like that, Ross. We've got time. I don't want to be sitting in a hospital for two days." He gives her a pained look. "I guess I shouldn't have woken you up." She mutters, closing her eyes. Ross was pacing across their bedroom floor, frantically running his fingers through his hair. Ever since they moved into their new house and finished up the nursery, Ross has been extra careful with Laura and her pregnancy symptoms. He's been super patient with her when she has crazy pregnancy scatter brain, when she gets pissed at him for leaving a plate in the dishwasher, and she she cries because he comes home too late after being with Rocky. But with her being a few days past her due date, Ross' carefulness has gone to an extreme.

"You want to sit here and be in pain?" He asks her.

"Considering I've only had one contraction and it was multiple minutes ago, I think I can survive this for awhile." He gives into her at those words. "Why don't you go get your guitar and sing me something." She says. "Maybe hearing your voice will kick start my water breaking." Ross sighs and leaves their bedroom to walk across the house to the music room. For the next hour or so, Ross and Laura sat in bed and listened to Ross' soft strumming and singing, only stopping when Laura was having a contraction. It wasn't until around seven o'clock that her water broke. She got up to go use the bathroom and halfway to the toilet, a big puddle of water formed on the floor. At first, she thought she just peed her pants. She even shouted for Ross saying I either just peed my pants or my water broke! By 7:15 am, the two of them were packed in Ross' car with Luna's carseat in the back and Laura's hospital bag beside it. Laura quickly calls both her parents and Ross', then her sister and each of Ross' siblings. They got checked into a private room by 7:45 am.

"I can't believe she's having our baby." Ross mutters, now pacing through the waiting room. His parents and Laura's parents were in there now but all his brothers, Rydel, Ellington, Vanni, Vanessa, and Vladimir were sitting around in the waiting room, watching Ross pace. "This is insane, you guys. I'm about to be a dad. Like, I can't fuck yo anymore-" Vanessa was the first one up on her feet.

"Let's take a walk back to her room, yeah?" She asks, grabbing onto Ross' arm.

"Okay." He whispers, dragging his feet. Vanessa and Ross walk side by side down the hall until they reach Laura's room.

"Take a deep breath, Ross. She's just as scared and nervous as you are, but you're not the one who actually has to go through labor, so maybe try and calm down and keep her mind off of the pain she's in from the contractions." She explains to him. All Ross could do was nod. They both took a few dee breathes before walking inside. Vanessa left after letting him in and soon both their parents walked out so Ross and Laura could have a few minutes by themselves.