s i x

Worth the Wait: 6 | Girls Night
| Laura Marano |

| One Week Later (March 18th, 2021) |

"Hey, are you doing anything later?" Rydel asks, wiping her forehead with the back of her hand. It's Thursday morning, meaning I'm almost done with my regular yoga class. Surprisingly, Rydel and Vanni showed up because after I took Rydel here over a week ago she's convinced Vanni to do a two week free trial before deciding if they want a membership or not. They came on Tuesday, but I had a few early meetings and couldn't make it, so today was a true surprise when I walked into the yoga studio and saw them.

"I don't think so." I reply, grabbing my water bottle. Class just finished and Vanni has to pee for the second time since she got here. She downed two waters already in the span of an hour and a half.

"You should come over. The boys are all going to be at Vanni's place with Riker watching a hockey game on tv and I'm having some of the girls over tonight for a little game night type thing." She tells me. I raise my eyebrows at her and take a sip of my water. I've never actually been asked to join a girls night before, like not even in general. Honestly, I've never had a close group of girl friends like she does.

"It won't be awkward?" I ask, panting the slightest. Vanni's walks out from the hall and walks over to us.

"Not at all. The girls are all easy to get along with and I'm sure they'd be happy to have you hang out." I look at Vanni who was nodding her head. "Don't you think she should come over?" She asks Vanni.

"A hundred percent yes." Vanni's replies. "It'll be a nice change having you around. I won't be the only short one!" She cheers.

"Who's all coming?" I ask, a little hesitant. All her girl friends have been her best friends for years, and I mean best friends as in spend almost everyday together. Unlike me, I rarely have seen Rydel over the past five or six years.

"Um, me, my sister Chelsea, Courtney, Alexa, Savannah, and maybe Kyla if she feels a little better." Vanni tells me. "I promise it'll be fun. The girls are all super easy to get along with and you've already met all of us more than once so it's not like you're meeting anyone for the first time." She explains.

"What time?" I ask, giving in. I haven't hung out with friends, aside from the Austin and Ally cast last week, I'm so so so long because... I guess I've been writing a lot and been auditioning a lot.

"Around fiveish or sixish. I'm making chili for dinner and we're having ice cream sundaes for dessert." Rydel says.

"If you want I can pick you up when I leave. Ross mentioned that you live a couple miles from Riker and I." Vanni's says. "I'm leaving at five." She adds.

"Then you'd have to take me home." I tell her, frowning the slightest.

"That's fine, I like having other people in the car. I get bored easily while driving." She tells me. "Just text me the address and I'll let you know when I leave and when I get to your place."

"You swear it's not a problem?" I ask, looking at both of them. "I don't want to ruin your game night or girls night for whatever." I mumble. "I won't feel bad if you don't want me to come." I quickly add.

"You're coming, end of story." Rydel says, picking up her bag. I give them a smile and nod my head, bending over to grab my own bag as well. As we exit the studio, I decide to speak up about probably the most dumbest thing, but to me it was kind of important.