n i n e t e e n

Worth the Wait: 18 | Fight and Make Up
| Laura Marano |

| Several Days Later (May 1st, 2021)|

"You make it impossible to get ready." I say, watching through the mirror as Ross kisses near my earlobe from behind. His arm snakes around my waist, pressing me closer to him as he trails kisses down my neck. With him towering over me, it almost looks uncomfortable and unnatural. "Babe, I need... I need to finish getting ready." I tell him, a little out of breath. The things he does to me. "Honey-"

"I love it when you call me that." He says, lips never leading my skin. Who would have ever guessed that Ross likes to be called honey over babe. His hand that was resting on my hip now somehow finds it's way under my shorts, something that I was meant to change out of but am currently preoccupied. Before he got any further, I squeeze his side and take a step away when he squirmed with a squealish laugh. "You ruined it."

"Because our friends are suppose to be here any minute. They don't know we're dating, and I kinda want to see how long it takes them to either say something or just catch on." I say to him.

"So I'll kiss you first thing, then." He says.

"I don't care when or how they find out, but I don't feel comfortable kissing you in front of them." I tell him. He furrows his eyebrows at me.

"Babe, we've kissed in front of them before." I roll my eyes at him and cross my arms in front of my chest.

"That was acting, Ross. This is definitely not acting." A smile forms on his face. It's so hard to have a serious conversation with this guy when he smiles because every time I'm trying not to smile back at his cute, kissable face. "Stop that."

"Stop what?" He ask innocently. He takes a step forward, a mischievous grin plastered on his face.

"Stop smiling at me like that." I say quietly, a small smile forming on my face. His hands go on either side of me against the counter and he leans down, his lips mere inches from mine. For a moment, it's like we're playing a mental game of whoever leans in first is the weak one. He doesn't dare to move and neither do it, but being so close I could smell him, feel his breath, and basically feel my body wanting him. "Ross?"

"Mm."

"Are you going to continue to torture me or are you going to kiss me?" I ask him softly. His reply is him leaning down further and pressing his lips against mine softly. His hands find my waist immediately and within seconds I'm lifted up and placed on the counter. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling his body in between my legs as he kisses me a little deeper, hands roaming up and down my back.

"I love you." He whispers, pulling away to only say those three words, and then kisses me again. It took a few seconds for his words to register but when they did I was quick to gently push on his chest to stop him from kissing me.

"What did you just say?" I ask. He laughs a little.

"I love you." He repeats. "As in I'm in love with you and it's completely different from any other time I've ever said I love you." He explains. "I don't care if you say it back or not, Laura. We haven't even been dating a month, maybe not even three weeks, but I do love you. A lot." Now it was my turn to grin. "Aw, does Laura Marano love me back?" He teases, gently pinching my side. I take that opportunity to wrap my legs around his waist, squeezing his body tight before I wrap my arms around his neck. "Holy shit." He slightly coughs out.