XXVIII

March 25th , 2019

Grayson and Beatrice were boarding the plane to head back home . " I don't wanna go back !! " Beatrice pouted . " Well where else are we gonna go ? " Grayson smiled , as he put his luggage in the overhead compartment .

" London , Paris , anywhere . " She sat down in the window seat .

" Maybe it'll happen . " He looked over at her with a sparkle in his eyes .

She shrugged and looked out the window . " Maybe . "

Beatrice looked down at her phone . " 3:28 pm ; Monday March 25th , 2019 .

" I can't believe it's been over a year . " She thought .

A year since it all began . A year since she got her video editing job . A year since her life changed . A year since she met David .

Beatrice put her earbuds in and stared off into space .
_________________

" You must be Bea ! " He smiled , greeting Beatrice . She nodded , sending back a warm smile back .

" I'm David . " He said .
————-

" The vlog squad wouldn't be complete without you , Bea . " David said , smiling . His white teeth were showing , his dark brown hair was messy and covered up by his black hat , as usual .

But something was different about him today . He had a certain look on his face . The same look that would appear on his face right before he'd blindfold someone and surprise them by putting an animal on them .

" So , i'm adding you to the vlog squad ! "

" A-Are you serious ? " Beatrice stuttered .

He nodded and smiled . " From now on , you're in the vlogs . Happy Birthday . "
————-

David smiled , looking into Beatrice's eyes . His eyes flickered down to her lips , then back to her eyes .

He slowly leaned in , as Beatrice closed her eyes . Their lips connected . For just a second , David and Beatrice were the only people in the world .
————-

David's phone buzzed and he picked up his phone . " Who's that ? " Liza asked , putting a pringle in her mouth . " Umm... " David hesitated .

Liza looked up and tilted her head . He sighed . " Nobody . " He smiled , putting his phone down . Beatrice looked down at her phone .

" Read 1:13pm " .
————-

There he was . David Dobrik lying in a hospital bed . He had scratches all over his face and he had a cast on his arm . His weak eyes immediately landed on Beatrice as she walked into the room .

" Hey . " She whispered , softly . A grin appeared on his face . " Hey , Bea . " He chuckled , weakly .

" How are you feeling ? " Beatrice said , keeping a distance . She tried to hold herself back , but she couldn't .

" I'll live — "

But she quickly ran over to him and threw her arms around him . " Don't ever scare me like that again , asshole . " A tear rolled down her cheek .

He chuckled . " I missed you , Bea . "

" I missed you too . " She pulled away and smiled . He grabbed onto her hand and looked into her eyes .
————-

" Everything's gonna be okay . "

" How do you know ? "

" If he's not the one , just remember there's 8 billion more people in the world . " Scotty chuckled .
___________________

What if Scotty was right ? What if David wasn't the one ? What if the person she's meant to be with is Grayson ?
___________________

" What's up ? " Ethan and Grayson freakin Dolan both walked through the door .

" Woah .. " Beatrice mumbled .

" Hey ! " Emma smiled , as Ethan threw his arm around her .

" Who's this ? " Grayson smiled , looking at Beatrice up and down , then locking eyes with her .

He bit his lip but stopped when Emma said , " This is Bea , David Dobrik's girlfriend . " She glared at Grayson .

Grayson continued to hold eye contact . " I'm Ethan . " Ethan held out his hand , smiling . " Nice to meet you . " Beatrice shook his hand .

" And I'm Grayson . " Grayson slightly pushed his brother to the side and held out his hand . She smiled and shook his hand .
————-

" You have a beautiful smile . " Grayson said , admiring Beatrice .

" What ? " She laughed .

" You have one of those smiles that lights up a room . " He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair .

" Thanks . " She looked down and smiled .
————-

" What the hell is wrong with you ? " Grayson pushed David off of Liza . David fell onto the ground . David looked towards Beatrice .

Tears fell , as David just stared at her and did nothing . Grayson was about to beat the hecc out of him , until Ethan grabbed him and pulled him away .
————-

" Hey , hey , hey . " Grayson jogged towards her and stood in front of her . He wrapped his arms around her .

She hugged him back , continuing to cry uncontrollably .

" Let's go get some food . " Grayson smiled , attempting to cheer her up .
————-

Beatrice quickly grabbed Grayson's hand and pulled him into her room . Beatrice shut the door behind her and locked it .

Beatrice leaned against the door . Beatrice began to have trouble breathing . " Hey , hey , hey . " Grayson whispered , cupping her chin .

" Look at me . " He whispered into Beatrice's ear , looking into her eyes . Beatrice looked right back at him . Her breathing slowed down .
————-

" Grayson fucking Dola — "

She turned around and he immediately put his hands on her face and kissed her . " Happy two months . " He smiled , pulling away .

Beatrice's face lit up . " It's only been two months , huh ? "

" Feels like longer . " Grayson said , wrapping his arm around her . He looked down and smiled at her .
_________________

Beatrice looked over at Grayson . His head was tilted back , his eyes were closed , and he had his earbuds in . Beatrice smiled then turned back towards the window .

What if ?
__________________

a few flashbacks :) stay tuned!