Chapter 2

Hiccup

"So... you're getting married?" Ruff quipped.

"Yup" Astrid replied.

"To each other?" Snotlout added.

"That's the plan," I jumped in. Our friends don't seem to be getting it.

They all sat there for a second in disbelief, except Tuff who jumped in "I - of course - take part of Hiccup's credit in building up the courage to pop the question," getting up onto the table in a victory speech.

"Actually Astrid asked me," I told him.

"Yeah I thought so," disappointed as he clambered down.

Astrid eyed Fishlegs, who was sitting in a corner, trying not to squeal. "Let it out Fishlegs," Astrid chuckled.

"I can't wait, you two are finally getting married, a chiefs wedding! Oh this is going to be so exciting, and soon enough we'll have little hiccup and Astrid's running around-"

"Wow Fishlegs, lets just focus on one thing at a time!" Astrid interrupted, suddenly appearing slightly stressed.

Why was she stressed about the mere mention of children? My heart sank at the idea she might not be as keen as I am.

Everyone must be feeling the tension in the room, Ruffnut and Tuffnut snuck a look at each other, Fishlegs looked apologetic and Snotlout looked confused ... which I suppose isn't that unusual.

"Anyway, I think we better go tell my parents before they hear it via anyone else, see you guys later!" Astrid dragged me off as murmurs of goodbyes and see you laters floated in the air.

"Astrid-"

"I know what you're going to say Hiccup, and can we talk about it later?" She replied quickly.

"Okay," I answered, slipping my hand into hers comfortably - glad she was here, no matter what.

"ASTRID! HICCUP!" Mr Hoffersons voice boomed from behind us, him and his wife catching up to us.

"Mum! Dad! Hi, eh- we were just on our way to find you!" Astrid smiled at them.

"Uh yes, what was Gobber coming up to us a moment ago bubbling about a chiefs wedding?" Mrs Hofferson asked.

"Ah- yes. That's why we were-"

"Are you getting married?" Mr Hofferson asked excitedly.

"Yes Dad, we're getting married!" Astrid said impatiently.

The best of my heart was heard in the second of silence that followed Astrid's declaration.

Then both of her parents leapt on her, bringing her into a hug. Astrid was taken off guard, her family wasn't exactly known to show much affection, especially to her - but she wrapped her arms round them and buried her head into their shoulders.

I stepped back, letting them have their moment when Mum came from behind me. "I don't think I've said my congratulations," she patted my head like I was a little boy.

"I'm really glad you're hear mum," I whispered, hugging her like Astrid was to her parents.

But all I really wanted right now was Toothless.

Hi. Promise I'll be more regular. Maybe.
M Xx

Also this chapter is crap sorry. It'll get more interesting. Hopefully.