Chapter 3: New Relationships

A few weeks had passed since Emmett and I moved out. A few weeks since the fateful night where I met my brown eyed girl. Things were going pretty well for us.

Bella and I had spent the past few weeks going out on dates, spending time together, avoiding the sleazy paparazzi, etc. Every moment I spent with her I was falling more and more in love. If I wasn't working, I was with her. She'd taken to spending most nights over at my house. It was great.

And Emmett? He'd actually given up chasing girls and sleeping around when he met Rosalie a few weeks back.. he told me he was in love and that's something my brother has never ever said about any girl. He already plans on telling our parents when we go visit today.

I finished dressing in a nice button down and slacks. I wanted to look good for family dinner tonight. It had been a few weeks since we'd been back home and our parents want us to come over and check in.

"Are you really going to wear black shoes with navy slacks..?"

I chuckled at the soft voice of my girlfriend. I looked back at Bella. She was lounging on my bed in just one of t-shirts and a pair of underwear. Her hair was messy and she had no make up on. In her hands was a book. She never looked more beautiful.

"Something wrong with my fashion choices?" I joked, as I walked towards her.

"Wear the brown shoes, it'll match your belt, babe." She smirked, knowing she was right. She grabbed a hair tie and pulled her long brown hair up into a messy bun. I sighed and gave into changing my shoes.

"Better love?" I smirked standing in front of her, posing for her.

"Very handsome," Bella smiled then she let out a sigh, "I wish I could come with you."

I went to her side and climbed onto the bed pulling her into my arms, "I know love, it's just so soon and I don't want to rush things. My mom will ask all sorts of questions. Trust me I want them to meet the love of my life. And they will eventually."

Bella rested her head on my chest and played with the buttons of my dress shirt. I could tell she was upset that I hadn't invited her to my family dinner. I didn't want to rush a relationship that was so fresh and new.

"well..Emmett invited Rosalie.."

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I cursed Emmett under my breath for having to show me up. "Bella, my love, please understand. Give my a few weeks and I'll plan a dinner with you and my parents, okay?"

"Alright.. you better hurry up or you'll be late. I'll be here. I've got some work for class" she kissed my cheek softly and gave me a small smile.

"I love you, I'll be back around 10." I kissed her softly  and she kissed back. I broke the kiss slowly and grabbed my keys and wallet of the nightstand.

"I love you too." Bella smiled genuinely this time.

"Bye love"

I went out the door and down the steps. I saw Emmett and Rosalie at the front door waiting for me.

"Ready big bro?" Emmett asked with his arm around Rosalie.

"Edward, where's Bella?" Rosalie asked confused, wondering where her sister was.

I sighed, "Unlike some people I don't rush into things. She's up in bed doing some work."

Emmett and Rosalie exchanged a look with each other and went out to the car ahead of me. I followed behind them and shut and then locked the front door. I got in my brand new Volvo and drove the three of us over to our parent's mansion.