Chapter 5: Burn Marks

Start from the beginning

"It's everywhere."

I picked her up and walked around the headboard of the bed, after I sat her back down I cover her up.

She slowly laid down, but didn't stop shaking.

There was only one thing I know to do. she needs to sleep.

I walked into the bathroom and opened one the drawers by the sink.

Inside were about fifty or so sedatives.

I picked up one of the syringes and an alcohol pad then walked back to where Clara was.

I sat bedside and l pushed the right sleeve up a little and whipped the alcohol pad on her upper arm.

I then took the cap of the Syringe and dropped it in the trash can by my bed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered then injected the sedative into her arm, she flinched then I saw her eyes get heavier and heavier as she fell asleep.

I dropped the syringe into the trash can and walked over to the white chair in the corner of my room and sat down.

"Why was she acting like this?" I whispered to my self."

As she turned over the left sleeve fell off her shoulder.

I saw what looked like a burn, it cover her whole left shoulder.

"What the.."

I heard her voice come into my mind "burns."

After a couple hours of searching the internet, , typed in her name into the search bar and there were over a hundreds news articles.

The article headings read:

'Young girl, only survivor of head on car crash.'

'Young girl still in burns treatment.'

Then a picture of Clara came on the screen with a caption saying: 'only survivor of fatal car crash.'

After I found found out everything I needed to know I turned off my computer and went upstairs to check on Clara.

When i reached my room Clara was still unconscious from the medicine i gave her.

I had to do it, i didn't want to but i ad to. she cant ate me any more than she already does now,

My phone vibrated in my pocket, signaling i was receiving a phone call.

I walked into the hall closing the door behind me.

"thank you for your service, Eric. now to thank you even more i sent you a very expensive imported wine, why don't you give it a taste."

"i was just calling to thank you for the wine. but the plan is going very well."

"i know. now drink up, celebrate."

I heard him take a sip then start coughing.

"what did..you do to...the wine?" he gasped.

"rat poison. cant have the police coming to you and you tell them everything now can we?" i smirked and i heard Him fall the the floor with a thud.

I hung up and went downstairs and threw my phone into the fire. good thing that wasn't my real phone, just a pre-paid one.

The day went on, and it slowly turned dark and started snowing lightly. i hard tiny footsteps come down the stairs as i was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Once i hear her enter the kitchen i spoke up.

"i figured you were tired of chicken broth. here eat up." i put the to plates on the table.

She slowly walked over to the table and sat down. "its chicken and broccoli rice."

Clara picked up the fork and began to eat. "its good." she whispered.

After we finished eating i sat the dishes in the dishwasher and led her to the couch.

"what happened?"

I gave her a confused look then i understood what she was talking about.

"oh um well, when i went to check on you in the cellar and when i did it looked like you were going crazy. you kept mumbling about a fire and a car."

She looked down and i could tell she was trying to avoid eye contact.

"also i found new reports about a car accident from seven years ago. there was a picture of you in the articles. and there are burn marks that covered your left shoulder. clara were you in a car wreck?"

"how do you know about the burns?" her snapped up, he looked pissed.

"when i was changing you into a cleaner shirt i saw them."

"you changed me!" her voice got higher.

"calm down its not like you were naked, you had on a bra and underwear, relax. anyways back to the point, what happened seven years ago that gave you those marks?"

"im not telling you." she spat.

"please?"

she rolled her eyes and sat up straight.

clara-

"fine ill tell you. seven years ago my mom, dad, and i were on out way to the mountains for week. i was fourteen at the time. As we were driving a drunk driver hit us head on. my parents died on impact, however i survived, well i was trapped in the back seat until the paramedics and firefighters showed up. but the back of the car caught fire, and burned my left shoulder just as I was being rescued. they told me I would be scarred for life and there weren't lying."

"That's terrible, what happen to the other driver?"

"He died on impact they said, it's suppose to a fun family trip but it turned into a nightmare."

"I bet."

"Listen I know this is gonna be awkward asking but.. am I ever going to get to leave and see my friend, she's probably looking for me."

Suddenly his kind eyes had a mischievous look, and her smirked.

"I wouldn't count on that."