iii. apocalypse

~~~~~~~~

Living in this demolished world gets a bit lonely and repetitive. Sure, I love Five, and I could talk to him for hours. But it has been months...is it too late to be a extrovert? I find myself merging into the shadows a lot more these days.

"Woah an abandoned mall!" I cheered while skipping towards the building.

Five follows closely behind. His school boy, apocalyptic, attire was covered in dirt. "Maybe we'll find new clothes..." he said dusting the dirt off his blazer. These past months Five and I have really become close, as if we were married.

(Y/N) what do you want for dinner? Twinkies or  Cheetos?
Eight how many times have I told you! Don't sit in the cart while I'm pulling!

      The doors were smothered in dust and grime. I fidgeted with the lock before I hear
Five sarcastically groaning. "Did you forget
(Y/N) ? We have powers-"
"Well unlike you...I want to learn survival tactics" continuing my lock picking

"Well you go that," he then teleports inside. His face had a proving smirk as he unlocked the doors from the other side. Once I opened the door I grabbed him by the collar, dragging him towards the racks of items.

Fives POV (are you proud? Finally a view change????)

      (Y/N) is A LOT to handle....Did you know she could talk so much? Back home she always hid herself until she felt comfortable. Which took approximately...forever. She's very forward as well. Well got to love her, who knows I might just spend the rest of my life with only her. We were technically the last people on earth.

|Back to reality|

      Before I could form a come back, (Y/N) grabs me by my collar. Her hair was longer than it was before we left. And her red clips held her hair out of her face. "Are you done staring?" She chuckled before running to the next aisle. I scavenged for coats and mittens. Winter was near and I could not afford any deaths.

"Five I found something!"

   I ran to (Y/N)'s location and came face to face with a bald mannequin. "This?" I questioned. "I just thought we could use a new face" she said shyly.
"Never mind that's kinda insane..."
"No- that's a good idea!" I said stammering
"Dolores, her name's Dolores" Eight replied, further shoving Dolores in the wagon. I grabbed a book on our way out it was labeled Extra Ordinary by Number 7.

[time skip, Winter]

      Eights is asleep in the wagon. I took many punches and shoves to get mini reaction. Not worth my fight....I trudged through the sharp cold with my head down. Once in a while I would attempt my time jumps. But with no luck. Y/N decided that we would always walk one direction, North. We had no maps nor any idea towards navigating the rubble.

[time skip, 3 years]

      Previously on "Apocalyptic Teenagers," Five and Eight are now 16. They are married but nobody said so. The food is absolute garbage.

continue~

      At the end of the day (Y/N) and I sat on the edge of a nearby cliff. I won't say I didn't get feelings for her over the past 2 years because that would be a lie. I know she feels the same way but dating is weird and a nuisance. (Declared by both of us) Instead we promised to always be there for each other.

Indeed, we did kiss once. It was unusual but just as memorable.

     Flashback

      Eight was playing around with her telekinesis, levitating stones and leaves. We were fifteen.
"Hey," I said sitting next to her.
"Do you think we will grow old here?" She said not looking up.
"I don't know, but for right now, yes." I looked out to the untouched trees. I drifted off a little before I was quickly pulled back. She had her grip on my collar again.
"What is up with you and collars-" I was cut off when she kissed me. I was most put into an inescapable trance.
"Why not right? It was bound to happen..." She got up and vanished into her own shadow which stretched back towards camp.

Unfortunately , I still never got out of that trance...

End of Flashback and Chapter

Word count: 681