I

It all started in the month of May, the rain showers had past from April and the flowers had started blooming from their frozen state. Our story begins with a tall, slender, 22 year old male who goes by the name of, Richard Yale. He had black hair that was not too short, yet not too long and slicked back with enough hair gel that it wouldn't be considered greasy. His facial structure which was so defined yet soft, clear and smooth. Eyes a deep blue that would swallow you whole with just a glance, his smile would gleam in the sun no matter the lighting. Richard had a graceful atmosphere around him which would make him easy to approach, make you feel calm and safe just by looking at him. His attitude and manners matched him perfectly well with his looks, he was always kind and patient, he would be friendly to anyone he met on the streets, even if they were a stranger.

         It was a Sunday morning and Richard Yale had just left his house for his usual morning walk. He was wearing his black reading glasses, a white collar button down long sleeved shirt along with a gray sweater over top with dust rose pink diamond patterns. He decided with light brown pants and dark brown shoes to match his attire. Richard Yale was stuck in a different generation than every other young adult in his neighborhood, but the children and the seniors found him enjoyable, while the young teenage girls, young single women and even older married females could only daydream and converse among themselves of him. On Richard's walk he would say hello to the seniors who would already be out on their porches enjoying as time would past by, relaxing for the rest of day. Watching the children play their little games like hopscotch, red rover, or hide-and-seek. Richard was impressed that most of the children that lived in the neighborhood weren't as distracted by technology that they didn't have the time to play outside with their friends.

        On Sunday mornings Richard usually takes a short walk before heading to the church a few blocks away from his house, but something caught his eye at the old Mandory household. The Mandory house was owned by a little old woman of the age 88, she never came outside much anymore, so Richard was shocked to see a slim, but curvy figure on the front porch of the Mandory house, he came to stop and said,

"Why, hello there Miss, how are you this morning?"

         The young woman turned around and spotted Richard standing behind the little white gate gently staring at her. She was taken back for a slight moment but was immediately attracted to the mysterious man in front of her, she slightly blushed.

"Oh! Hello."

         The woman stepped down from the porch and approached Richard, her golden locks swayed in the light breeze and shined because of the sun's rays, Richard could easily tell she was a woman of her late 20's, but she had yet to show any sign of aging. She had brown eyes that when the sun hit them perfectly it would look as though you could see a whole universe shining in her eyes. Her pale skin matched her dress attire perfectly, she wore a pink blouse, pearl earrings, khakis and white flats. Richard was captured by this, but he spotted the jewelry on her left ring finger and had a slight look of disgust appear on his face.

He sighed, "I don't mean to be intruding or nosy but what are you doing on the Mandory porch so early?"

"This is my grandmother's house, my husband and I are going to be staying with her now because of how sick she has been lately. She needs someone to take care of her, so we offered to help," she stated.

"That's awfully nice of you, Mrs...?"

"Mrs. Christom," she said as she held out her left hand gently towards Richard.

         Richard smoothly turned her hand over so the top would be facing up, he slowly leaned his head down and kissed her hand, causing her to blush and look away slightly.

"My name is Mr. Yale, but I would appreciate it if you called me Richard instead," he smirked.

"O-Oh, then you may call me, Mary," she stuttered as she raised her right hand to her face to hide her embarrassment.