Chapter 1 - Creeks

-Chapter 1-

~??? POV~

Everything, from my toes to the very top of my head, ached and pulsed with pain. I could feel a thick liquid dripping off of my fingers, and without even thinking, I could tell it was blood. The ache was slightly stronger in my leg, which was positioned quite uncomfortably on something.

My eyelids felt heavy, and no matter how many times I screamed at myself to open them, they were like drawbridge with a broken lever ; they simply refused.

A shiver racked through my body as a soft breeze pushed past me, ruffling up my hair and raising goosebumps on my sensative and broken flesh.

Speaking of the area around me ; as I sat there for longer and longer my ears and smell senses began to come back, and I became aware of the sound of water splashing around and playing around furiously very close to where I was laying. The sun beat down on my skin, the warmth giving me some sort of comfort in the otherwise sea of confusion I was swimming in.

Where was I? Who am I? Why does everyone hurt? Why can I not remember ANYTHING?

"Ugh...' A soft groan slipped past my lips before I could bite my tongue or stop it, and with that simple slight movement, pain echoed through my body at an even higher level than before.

"Okay...Okay..." I mumbled, shaking my head. I couldn't just sit here. What if people were here to attack me?

At that simple thought, my heartbeat began pumping harder and faster in my chest. I must've never been good with tight situations, because now that I was left, abandoned, with no idea who I was or if anyone was coming, I was absolutely freaking out.

I told myself to just open my eyes. If I could simply examine my surroundings, then I would know if I were safe or not. Then I could calm down and think of a rational plan, instead of a quick and panicked one.

"One...two...three..." With all the strength I could muster, I willed the muscles covering my eyes to lift up, revealing the world around me in blinding colors. My first instinct was raising my hand, which caused it to ache and pop, and hold it over my eyes for protection.

The sun, of course, was out, and was beating down on me with its sharp gleaming rays. And, sure enough, the area around me was a soft meadow, with a creek running in a ragged path a few steps away from me.

I was leaning on a large rock (not exactly the most comfortable of pillows), with my legs elevated on another one in front of me. There was a small, red (almost brown) puddle of blood underneath me, small droplets still sinking into the ground from the gash on my arm.

My body was covered in us all cuts and bruises, the only two massive injuries I could find is when I lifted up my arm, revealing a large gash, and gently touching my forehead, only to hiss out in pain when I felt the sliced and oozing break in the skin.

As I was searching over my body, my hand brushed over a small locket on my chest, hanging from a chain around my neck. My fingers darted back to it on instinct, and took the purple and gold object in my fingers, running my thumb over the smooth gems. For some reason, when I touched it, a feeling of comfort exploded in my chest, and sent a warm pattern of soothing lines through my system.

"Well," I mumbled to myself, continuing to search myself over, while keeping the amulet tightly gripped in one hand. "At least I'm safe..."

Oh, how wrong I was.

I was only sitting for a few more moments when a soft brushing noise, like someone walking through the grass, began getting louder. In a few moments time, it went from a soft, off putting noise to a thundering of a million drums.