"I do everything I can to protect her and she goes off and gets pregnant!" He shouts like a concerned parent.

Everyone is quietly dissecting the situation. The way the few nurses and policeofficers stare at him leads me to believe they're buying his lie.

"Don't...believe him." My raspy voice fills the silence.

Everyone draws their attention to me, making anxiety rise again. Ever since my virginity was stolen I've felt more exposed than ever. Like I'm covered by a shear cloth. I feel my clothes on me but I whenever I- or someone else- looks at me I feel like they can see all of me. My entire body. 

"He's trying to kill it! He's trying to kill his baby!" I sob dishearteningly while wrapping my arms around her. I need a hug. I need a hug from my mother. The doctor stiffens but quickly recovers to hug me back.

I hear a few more shouts and cursing before officers cuff him. They question him about Jake, who is now awake. Dazed but awake. They question him about my pregnancy and if it's true that he's the father. Jake and I sit patiently, waiting for him to be arrested until-

"These are the custodial papers. I have custody of Olivia because her mom gave her to me before she died." He lies.

An officer assesses the papers laid out on the bed.

"Then why is she telling us how you abuse and torture them. And how you fathered her child?" A tall man questions while analyzing the document.

"I don't know why they choose to lie. "He simply shrugs then turns to me.

"As her dad, I love her too much."  A warm, sinister smirk decorates his face.

"A little too much," Jake rolls his eyes.

"And what about you, kid? Is he your dad too?"

Jake eyes them with caution. He wrinkles his nose in thought  before sighing.

"Actually," The look in his green eyes hint of uncertainty before he smirks at me.

"Yeah, Olivia is my little sister. And I promised to protect her from that prick at all costs." He wraps his arm around my shoulder. Nervousness floods my insides when I see Rich glare at us.

"Officers, I apologize for this. My kids never seem to stay out of trouble. They seem more concerned with having me arrested." He sighs pitifully.

What? What the hell is happening? And why isn't Jake speaking up?

"Well Rich, that's how most teens feel about their parents. I'm sure things will turn around." The same officer who questioned him sides with him.

"Wait, aren't you going to arrest him?" I question. I'm angry now and I'm going to be heard.

"We're not going to arrest your father for being a father." He walks over to us and places his hands on our shoulders.

"Listen guys, it's obvious he is trying. And as a single dad myself I understand how he feels."

My heart beat pounds in my ears, drowning out everything else that man says. I don't know what I did wrong to deserve this.

"You're an adult?" One cop points to him. Her eyebrows raise in questionable doubt. Most adults find it hard to believe he and I are the ages we claim to be because of our size. We have both lost weight from not being fed.

They continue to converse while I remain numb. I'm depressed, discouraged and hopeless. I can't go back there.

"Uh, yes sir. I'm eighteen." I come back into the conversation when Jake squeezes my arm.