1

She rang the doorbell, he opened the door to see his sister a complete mess. Torn clothes smeared makeup and on the verge of completely breaking down.

"What the hell happened to you little sis?"

"N-noth-thing big bro."

"Come here baby girl."he cooed, pulling her into his embrace, bringing her inside the house.

"Still not a baby..." she mumbled/whined.

"Still don't care."

At that, the two of them burst out laughing.

"Where are mom and dad?"

"Working. Business meeting. Late phone calls. The usual. Their out doing their thing."

"Oh. Kinda wanted Mom."

"I know. But you still have me. Like always."

"You don't hate me?"

"Hate you why would I hate you?"

"I've created so much chaos and havoc in everyone's life even Mom and Dad hate me."

"They don't hate you Em."

"Then why does it feel like fucking world war three everytime I'm home Josh?!"

"They don't hate you Emily. Disappointed? Maybe. But they sure as hell don't hate you. You're still their little girl, just like you'll always be my baby sister."

"We are literally only 3 years apart."

"Yeah, but you still act like a child."

"Whatever." She replied rolling her eyes as she did.

"Hey, don't give me sass young lady." He said trying to sound authoritative, but failing miserably.

"I will sass as I please you fucking idiot."

"Hey, don't fucking swear. How many times do I need to fucking tell you that?"

"Says the idiot swearing, asshole."

"Emily Rose Smith."

"Joshua Anderson Smith."

"Hey!"

"Is for horses."

"Em! Enough."

"Whatever..."

With that, she snuggled up to her brother on the couch, as she had done so many times in the past.

"Now, what or who exactly has my little sister showing up at my house in the middle of the night?"

"First of all, this isn't your house it's your parents. Secondly it's a long story."

"Em. Tell me whats going on. Now."

"It's nothing really. I'm fine."

"Emily Rose. Are you forgetting what happened the last time you said you were 'fine'? You tried to fucking kill yourself Em, and I know you're okay now but I know you and I know what you do when things get hard. When things get hard you run away and leave without a word. Do you gave any idea how worried Mom and Dad were all those times you snuck out to meet with a guy? They were worried sick. They thought you were fucking kidnapped Em."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know whatelse to do. I can't live with them Josh I just can't. "

"You know they love you no matter what right? "

"Yeah, well they weren't too supportive when I told them I was bi. They said it was an excuse to be a slut and sleep around with more people. Gosh josh when will you realize they only care about you. Just because our homophobic parents came around when you told them you were gay doesn't mean they give a shit about me. "

"Hey. You know that's not true."

"You know how many times mom and dad wanted to send you away to get 'fixed'?"

"I know but they learned to except it then and they will now."

"No they won't you're the perfect one that listens to them so they came around. I'm just a rebellious fuck up."

"Hey. Don't say that. Come on whats really going on. I know our homophobic parents aren't the issue here. Besides you're bi so you're still technically semi straight if you still like guys."

"True."

"Talk to me Em. What's going in?"

"Jake got drunk and hurt me worse than usual."

"What exactly did he do? What does he normally do? Why are you still with him if he's hurting you?" He questioned, getting protective over his little sister.

"He's abusive. He keeps saying he'll stop but it gets worse everytime. He usually stops after a slap or quick beating. Bbut thithis ttime he he raped me. I told him I wasn't ready but he made me anyway," she choked out between sobs.

"Shhh. It's okay. He's not coming anywhere near you. Not on my watch he doesn't," he said as he comforted her.

The two sat in a comfortable silence after that until he noticed a little red line where her sleeve slid up.

"Em. What's that mark on your wrist? It looks fresh. Please don't tell me you're doing it again Em"

"What? No. I'm fine really. Its just uh... a.. a papercut."

"Really? Papercut on your wrist thats what your going with?"

"Mhm"

"Em. Show me your arm," he asked getting worried.

"What no!"

"Strip down."

"Eww no you're my brother."

"Come on Em you and I both know I've seen you butt naked before all the time when you were little. I'm not asking you to do that. Now strip."

"No."

"Please Em I know your doing it again. I need to see exactly how much damage we're dealing with here."

"Nothing I'm fine!" She said raising her voice.

"No you're not. Show me. Now."

"No," she whimpered.

"Shhhhh. Come here," he cooed softly, as she snuggled up to him more. As she layed there, he carefully removed her sweatshirt, taking a look at the marks that littered her skin from not only the blade she took to her skin every night, but also the bruises her boyfriend of two years had left, not to mention her ribs clearly showing, telling him she wasn't eating again either.

"Oh baby... what have you gotten yourself into this time?"

With that she cried even harder as he rolled up her shorts to see more self inflicted marks as well as more bruises.

"Shhh. It's okay. You're safe now. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you like this ever again."

And with that he held her close, rocking back and forth as she eventually cried herself to sleep, knowing the days to come would be absolute hell. 

*Hello*