friendships

Malakai

[Season: Autumn]

"Hey Kai"

"Hey Zo" I looked down at her and admired her smile for a little

"So what are you guys doing for practice today?"

We both were walking towards the school gym. She had her school bag and her practice backpack.

"We're going to condition & do weight training. What are you guys doing?"

"Were conditioning too, but I think I might be going to volleyball."

"Volleyball? How come?"

"The coach wants me to but I don't know if I should"

"You think you'll do good?"

"I'm still deciding if I should go,"

"Haileys there, at least you'll know a face"

"Yea maybe, I'll see."

It's been at least two months and within those past two months, I've gotten to talk to her better. I have three classes with her and she's become the reason of me having a harder time paying attention in class.

"How is West with you?" I asked her

"He's a good person" she said with a smile

I love her smile

"So do you like him?" I asked her

"He's a good person Kai but I don't think I would want to be in a relationship with him"

That made me want to smile but I know i shouldn't. I don't know how West would take it.

"Yea I understand"

When we walked in the gym, Zo went to the girls locker room and I went inside the guys.

Everyone was half ready while messing around. Dylan had to be the loudest one, cracking jokes and repeating lines from rap songs. I couldn't blame all the teams in all three levels for picking on him. He was funny and annoying at the same time.

We started warming up. West was on the other side talking to Dylan.

"Start running down at the track. 4 laps."

Everyone started running out the doors and down to the track. 

"I saw you walking with Zo earlier" Stephen was running at the same pace as me so I could hear him better

"Yea what about it?"

"You like her don't you?"

I didn't know what to say. Anything I said could be twisted around

"No. I don't know. What about it anyways?"

"Nothing but if any of guys mess with her, especially your best friend, you'll be my problem"

I stopped running and faced him

"Are you threatening me Laurée?"

"I'm telling you what your consequences could be. Don't test it. That's like my little sister right there."

I knew how he felt. I had a little sister just like how he saw Zo. My blood cooled down.

" Look. I'm looking out for her as much as you are and if I ever have those feelings for her, I wouldn't try anything to hurt her."

"Good. She's a very gullible person but she's not dumb. She knows what's right and wrong for her. Don't manipulate it."

He ran ahead of me and I stared at him run for a moment.

There was more I had to learn about Zo. She has changed and so much I'm figuring out about her. 

I knew Stephen and her were close. Closer than I thought. He was like the older brother for her. He always looked after her when she didn't look out for herself.

I started running and blocked out the whole situation. I could worry about it later.

-
I'm actually updating you guys 🥴 hope you guys enjoyed it. You won't really hear much of Stephen in Malakai's pov, except if it has anything to do with basketball, but you will hear about Stephen a lot more in Zo's pov and more in Kai's pov when things are rlly starting to go down between Kai and Zo. Also Stephen is Zo's guy best friend. Zo is going to have two best friends, Callie & Stephen. And I hope I write a little bit about how entertaining Dylan is just Bc I think he'll put a lot of humor throughout the story, but he's not a main Character, so I don't know if I'll mention him a little more in the future 🤷‍♀️. -Maica

March 26th, 2019