Chapter 31

"Alice I cant believe you're here." I said with tears in my eyes.
"I heard you were in trouble and I came as soon as I heard. You're all over the news." My sister told me
"I'm what?" I say looking at jack.
"There was already an alert out for you and a warrant out for Brody and Austin. So it went world wide." Jack told me as he held my hand.
"T.. that's nuts. Tell them to take it all down." I told them.
"It's already almost done. They know we got both of them. They know what happened but for your privacy they aren't gonna say what happened". Alice told me

I couldn't think. I couldn't believe that my sister came. After a year, she came. But only when something bad happened.

"Why did you come sooner?" I asked my sister.
"I had classes and work. I couldn't just drop everything to come back for you." Alice told me as she walked closer to me.
"You dropped me just like mom and my dad. You're no better than them!" I told her.
Jack looked at the group and said "I think we should give them time to talk. Let's go get food."
I grabbed jacks hand and said "don't leave."
Jack nodded at the rest of the group and they left.
Jack stayed by my side while my sister was in the middle of the room.
"I came back as fast as I could. You never answer to my texts, calls or emails. I even wrote to you and you didn't answer." Alice said
"You left me." I told her.
"I went to get a life for me. For you. For us." She said. "I went and started a career so I could come back and get you or start a life here again."
"It took a year?! A fucking year for you to come and make sure I was okay? You should've noticed something was off or I was off when I wasn't replying to you. You were my god damn best friend, Alice. It took almost my life for you to come back. Mom hasn't came back. My dad isn't here. Nobody is fucking here. I had to get used to not having anybody. Then jack came and I know that I have him and grace and the group now. NO thanks to you. So go back to where you were. I don't need you here." I say as I feel hot tears streaming down my face.

"I'm not leaving you here." Alice said. "I wanted to come back. I made enough money for us to get a place in Texas. I made enough money for you and I to start a life somewhere new." She walked closer and grabbed my other hand.

I pulled my hand away, "I'm not leaving here."

"You will if I say you will. You have nothing here but a boy toy. You got fucking raped for Christ sake, you got beat up, gun to your head. You're leaving." Alice says sternly.

"I am not going anywhere with you. Jack is NOT a boy toy. He is my boyfriend. I suggest you stop trying to talk about him or else I'll jump out of this hospital bed and put you in it myself. You want a life with me? Then you better get a job here and buy your own house here because I'm good at where I'm at. Brody is gone. But what do you care because you never believed me about him anyways." I spat at her

"Guys, I think we should calm it down. Alice you don't know me and I sure as hell don't know you, but I think you should leave. Take a break and come back. Ambers been put through enough so I suggest you go." Jack said.

"Who do you think you are?" Alice looks at jack up and down.

"I'm her boyfriend. I've been here when you weren't. Not trying to throw it in your face but when she needed you, I was there. Filling that void and helping her with everything. We live together. All of us do. So like I said before. Give amber a break and leave." Jack said sternly.

Alice looked at me, "you're gonna let him talk to me like that?"

"I think it's best if you listen and leave. We will talk when I am ready." I tell her. "But Alice, I'm glad you're here even if it's not under the best circumstances. But I do not like you right now."

"I'll leave. Then we'll talk when you get out." Alice said. "I'm happy you're alive, Amber."

With that, she walked out and the group walked back in.
"we brought you guys some pizza but Johnson and Shawn just about ate it all." Grace said
I laughed.

I never want them to leave.