Two

The next morning I slip on some jeans and a black shirt and I walk into the compound. I love Haymitch. A thought that i would have never in a million years assumed would happen. I go straight to Plutarchs office and open the door, without knocking. If I were old Effie I would have cared about manners, but new Effie doesn't need that stopping her. Plus, I am pretty pissed. "Really?!" I say to Plutarch in a stern voice, almost at the point where I am yelling, but not quite. "Effie?" Wow, who else do you think it is? "Yeah. But what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"What?"

"Sending bombs down on the Capitol!"

"Oh right, that. It's the only thing we can do."

"The only thing you can do?! Do you know what they will do? They will shoot you down! We only have one functional hovercraft and yes, all of the weapons in the world, but that won't change the fact that they will obliterate everything in their way! The second they see you, you'll be gone!"

It is silent for a couple of minutes before Plutarch gets the nerve to speak up again, "What do you know, huh? You are just another stupid Capitol citizen."

"Stupid Capitol citizen? Wow. Who's been helping you this whole fricken time? Huh?" Now I'm yelling. "I am helping you bring down the Capitol! I know way more than you do!"

Plutarch just stares at me. All I see in his nefarious eyes is anger. Pure anger.

"Shut it down." I say walking up to the control panel. I start frantically pressing buttons trying to send an alert signal to stop the 13 rebels from, well, rebelling! Plutarch runs to me and tries to pull me away. "Don't touch my stuff!" He says, punching me in the jaw. Just as he does, Haymitch comes storming into the room. "What the hell?!" He returns the gesture and punches him right back. "You don't ever hit a women!" He yells, taking one last shot at the now immobile Plutarch Heavensbee. He runs to me. I love Haymitch. My mind keeps reminding me. "Are you okay?" Haymitch sounds genuinely hurt. "I'm fine" I say as I get up. Blood is streaming down my lip and I feel a little dizzy, but other than that I'm fine.

Later that evening Haymitch brings me an ice pack and I hold it up to my defective jaw. I can't help but feel so useless. After what Plutarch said about being just another stupid Capitol women, I can't function right. I'm not even sure he rethinks my ideas. I just sit here and wonder if ill ever mean something to someone. And then I think of Haymitch. I love Haymitch.