Chapter 5. knowing different things

Start from the beginning

"Daniel, hi. Come in." I say and letting him inside and shutting the door behind him. Then walking into the kitchen leaning against the countertop.

"So what brings you by here?" I ask as

"Can I ask about the restraining order? It's okay if you don't wanna answer it." He ask.

I sighs, "The restraining order is against my ex-boyfriend. How did you find out about that?"

"Mia told me by accident." He answer and I nodded.

"My ex-boyfriend was my high school sweetheart. Everything was perfect in the beginning but after graduating from high school he change into a different person. He started drinking and being abusive." I said.

Then he grad my hand, "How many times were you in the hospital?" He ask.

"Too many times to count." I say.

"Did he ever sexually assault you?" He ask.

"No but he just use me as his pushing bag." I say. "I was too scared to escape because he would do it over and over again. Mia came and got me, took me to New York and live with her until I was ready to find my own place." I added.

"I'm sorry Abigail." He says and then he hugs me tightly.

"I tried not to think about the events that happen to me but every now and then they come back." I said.

Then he pulls me into his embrace and held my tightly, "Can we change the subject, Daniel?" I ask.

"Yeah we can." He says.

"Tell me something that you haven't told me at dinner the other night?"

"Well my grandpa is a former Police Commissioner, my dad is the current P.C, my little brother Jamie is an police officer and you already know that Erin is Lawyer." He says.

"Family of Service." I said.

"Grandpa and dad severed in the Marines just like I did." He adds.

"Really?" I ask.

He nods, "Yeah."

"Do you wanna go out for breakfast?" He ask.

"I would love to." I say with a smile.

⚜️

Danny Reagan's POV:

Abigail and I ended up at iHop and enjoying the company. "What else do you like to do besides working?" I ask her.

"I like to sing, play guitar and staying fit." She answers. "What about you?"

"When I'm not working, I spend time with my sons when I have them." I answer.

"So your sons are over at their mothers house?" She ask.

"Yes they are, we don't live that far her." I say.

"I-I'm sorry." She apologized.

"It's okay. I promise. So what is your middle name?" I said.

"It's Marie."

Abigail Marie Heartman.

"That's beautiful." I said.

"What is?" She ask taking a sip of her coffee.

"Your name; Abigail Marie Heartman." I answer making her smile.

"Why thank you."

"Your welcome."

"Now you know what mine is, so what's yours?" She ask.

"Fitzgerald." I said.

"That's cool. Meaning that you have a bit of a cocky side to ya." She says with her southern accent.

"I just realized that you have a southern accent."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" She ask.

"No, I'm still trying to figure out how I miss that at dinner." I said making chuckle.

"Does this kinda count as a second date?" She ask.

"Yes kinda."

"How long have you been a Detective?" She ask.

"More than Fifth-teen." I answer.

"What part of New York did you and your siblings grew up?" She ask.

"In Bay Ridges, Brooklyn. Then I move to Staten Island when my boys were born." I answer and she nods.

"What part of Charlotte did you grew up in?" I ask.

"We lived in Pineville which is only a twenty minute drive." She answers.

I reach over the table and interlocked my hand into hers, feeling her soft hand into mine. "What do you say we get out of here and head somewhere else?" I ask.

"Okay."

⚜️

I took her to Fort Tryon Park and interlock our hands together while walking.

"There are some parts of Manhattan that I never been too and this is one of them

"There are some parts of Manhattan that I never been too and this is one of them." She says.

"Really?" I ask.

She nods, "Yeah."

"I'm happy to be your tour guide." I said and she kiss my cheek.

She chuckles then said, "And your doing a fine job."

We stop and look at the view seeing the bridge.

"It's very pretty." She says while taking in the view.

But to me my view is her, hopefully she doesn't noticed that I was looking at her. You know, like I said before something about her is very special to me and I feel something special towards her.

"Yeah it is but I know what's more prettier." I say.

"And what would that be, Daniel?" She ask and looks at me.

"You."

A/N: Here we are with another chapter and don't forget that Law & Order: SVU will be in the chapters very soon! Let me know what you think.