Chapter 4. elephant in the room

Danny Reagan.
Manhattan, New York City.
Chapter 4. elephant in the room.

Sunday dinner with the family is always special because we get to spend time with each other and share our opinions about our cases and other things.

But then again it's a reminder that we are all together around this table with each other. Jamie, Nicky and myself were putting the food on the table, "Boys come on, dinner is ready." I said to my sons who were in the living room watching tv.

"Did you both finished your homework last night?" I ask them."

"Yes."

All of us sat down at the dinner table, "Anyone wanna say grace?" Grandpa ask.

"I will." My kid brother says but he said it the last four times.

"You did it the last four time." My sister said.

"So what?"

"Will somebody just say grace before we all starve!" My youngest son says. He's so dramatic at times whenever he wants to be.

"I will say grace." I said, "Bless us, O Lord, And these Thy gifts which we are about to receive, Through Thy bounty Through Christ our Lord we pray. Amen."

We started filling our plates while passing the food around the table then begin to eat and all of us were quite. Not a word was said.

Until my sons throw me under the bus.

"Hey dad, how was your date last night?" Sean ask.

"Yeah dad how was it?" Jack ask as well.

"Wait what?" Jamie ask.

"Wow. Danny Reagan went on a date?" Eddie, Jamie's fiancée said surprisingly.

"Uncle Danny is getting back out there." My niece Nicky said.

"So who is the lucky lady?" Grandpa ask.

It was the elephant in the room, might as well come out and answer all questions that they are gonna throw at me.

"For starters, her name is Abigail -" I was cut off by Eddie.

"Who's Abigail?"

"Abigail Heartman and she's pretty in person." My sister says.

"And how do you know that, mom?" Nicky ask.

"I met her the day before when she came into the office to talk with Mia and besides Mia talks about her all the time." My sister answers.

Note to self: remind me to thank her later.

"And what does Abigail do for a living, Danny?" Dad ask.

"She is a photographer and a videographer." I answer.

"Is she cute?" Eddie ask.

I smirk, "Why? Are you jealous?"

"Why should I be?" Eddie ask.

"Then why did you ask?" I ask then added, "And yes she is pretty in person." I said.

"Where does she live?" Eddie ask.

"In Manhattan and don't even think about looking her up or even stalk her either." I said.

Did I just got protective? I believe I did.

"Now why would I do that?" Eddie ask.

"If I remember correctly you went all Mother Bear after Jamie didn't identify the guy who was trying to kill him a few years ago. I said.

"Yeah that's true, you did." Jamie said.

"See? Even Havard agreed with me." I say.

"Does she lives in good place?" Nicky ask.

"Yeah she does." I answer and took a sip of drink.

"She didn't yelled at the waiter for taking to long?" Dad ask.

"No." I said.

"The first two dates did." Grandpa said.

"So are you gonna see her again, dad?" Jack ask.

"Yeah I am." I said with a smile.

"But are you two okay with me dating somebody else?" I ask my kids.

My kids are my number one priority and I do care about what they think.

"Yes." Jack And Sean said at the same time.

"Like we said yesterday if mom could go out and date, then you can too. You deserve to be happy too Dad." Jack says.

"What do you think about uncle Danny dating again grandpa?" Nicky ask.

"As long he's happy, I'm happy." He says then adds, "Past the potatoes, please."

"But nothing isn't official until then. We are just getting to know each other." I say.

After dinner I was wash the dishes and started thinking about the next date should be.

"Alright that's the last of them." My sister said putting the plates next to the sink. "Everything okay, Danny?"

"Yeah, everything is fine." I answer. "Thank you." I added.

"For what?" My sister ask.

"For setting up the date." I said.

"Well your welcome and you got protective when Eddie ask about where Abigail lives." My sister points out.

"I mean it's really none of her business but mine, you know." I said.

"And besides you should thank Mia as well." My sister said.

"I will."

"Hey dad we are ready to head to moms."