1 ~ Mystic Falls

(Present Time)

(Present Time)

Mystic Falls.

What a fitting name for such an awful place. This town brings back memories of when Calista was still human. Things she doesn't want to remember.

She pulls out her cell phone and begins to dial the number of one her favorite people, "Hello?" The male voice asks with confusion apparent.

"Hello Elijah,"

"Calista?" He asks and she can hear the smile on his face, causing her to grin.

"It's me," She answers and drums her fingers against the steering wheel of her car, "Elijah? I need to talk to you. Where are you?"

"I can send you the address to my current location,"

"Please," She responds and peers up at the blue sky start to darken into night. She wonders what Klaus is up to right now.

Once the address pops up on the screen of her phone she starts the car. Music gently plays in the background as Calista speeds down the street. Cars are a very strange thing. Useful but awfully strange.

The car comes to a stop on a brick driveway of the Salvatore Boarding House. It's quite beautiful but it seems that it needs more light.

Before her fist comes into contact with the tall wooden door it swings open. A raven haired man with icy blue eyes stands on the other side of the threshold with his signature smirk. Behind him she sees Elijah who she hasn't seen since New Orleans.

"Lista," He greets and she pulls away from the embrace. A woman who looks just like Katerina except she wears her hair straight and not in elaborate curls appears next to Damon.

"Who exactly are you?" The raven haired man who answered the door asks.

"Calista."

"Why have you returned to this place?" Elijah asks with a questioning glint in his eyes.

"Klaus is looking for me," Calista answers and walks over to the red sofa to sit down, "For the you know what and Mystic Falls seems like the perfect hiding spot."

"This isn't the best place for you then, darling." The raven haired man replies and a smile spreads across her face.

"Exactly," She answers, "And who might you be?"

"Damon Salvatore."

"I've heard about you and Stefan. Where is he?" Calista asks and looks around the room curiously.

"On his way," Elena chimes in for the first time. Calista glances over at the beautiful teenage girl.

"Anyways, I thought the best place to hide would be the place Klaus wants me to be," She explains to Elijah and Damon while crossing her legs.