Chapter 1

Moonbin's POV

I woke up to the sun shining on my face and it made me wake up. I yawned and stretched my arms when I sat up. I slipped out of my bed and walked to my moms room. I looked in and saw that she was still sleeping. My mother is really sick and my dad struggled to get money to pay for her condition.

I work at a cafe for my mom and dad together with my best friends.

Our house is old, but we have the important things we need for living. My dad makes dinner everyday, but I help him sometimes or my mom. We always have to stay together to make things right.

Our family is poor, but we are happy with what we got, but when our mother got sick, we had to struggle to get money. I can't get to sleep much.

I walked downstairs and walked to the fridge and looked for something to eat and I found a sandwich. I took the sandwich and walked to work while munching on it. I was deep in my thoughts while walking.

I got in the café and put on my working clothes.
"Good morning, Moonbin" a voice spoke. I turned to the person. It was my best friend, BanBam. He is also the manager of the restaurant.
"Good morning, BamBam" I said.
"You Good?" He asked me a has his hand on my shoulder. I nodded and smiled at him.
"Okay, if you say so, let's get to work" I giggled at him and began working.

Many people came in and people walked out of the Cafe. It often comes a lot of people. I saw a familiar face come in the cafe. I looked closer and I saw that it was BamBam's boyfriend, Yugyeom.
"Hi babe, hi Moonbin" he greeted us.
"Hi hyung" I greeted back. "Are you okay, Moonbin?" He asked me in a worried tone. "You have bangs under your eyes"
"I'm okay, but I haven't been gotten much sleep these past few days" I told him. He sighed.
"Is it because of your mom?" I nodded.

Then the doors opened and saw two other familiar faces. It was Jimin and Yoongi or as we call him, Suga.
"Hi guys!" Jimin said out loud. Suga gave himself a mental slap on his face. I giggled at them. And then we all talked together. I served and talked.

When work was done, I walked home. I felt someone following me. I turned around, but no one was there. I continued to walk home.

I walked in our house and saw dad making dinner.
"Welcome back son" my dad said. I smiled at him. After a while, dad was done making dinner. I helped my mom down and we sat down and ate together.

I helped my mother to get to her bed after dinner. I then heard an explosion. The ground shakes, I lost my balance and fell with my back landing on the floor by the staircase. My mom also lost her balance and when she hit the ground and lied there. She didn't move at all. I panicked and checked if she was still breathing.

She wasn't

I felt my tears fall. I looked at my dad.
"Moonbin, run!" He shouted at me. "Run far away from here!"
"But what about you?!" I asked him. He just smiled at me. A sad smile.
"I have to stay here. Now run." My tears were falling as a waterfall and gave my dad a big hug before running away.