I slowly open the door to see her sprawled out on her back on the bed clutching her phone. "Oh, Nathan" She sits up pushing some hair behind her ear awkwardly. "Yeah, hi" I wave before I realise how pathetic I look. "Thought you'd be downstairs with Ariana" She raises an eyebrow. "She's helping mum set the table. Listen Nessa we really need to ta-", "Talk. I know, there's something you need to know" She stands up walking round the bed to me.

"I'm so sorry Nessa I've been such a dick and I really am so-" She cuts me off, "Nathan just shut up! Shut up! This is far more important!" Her eyes are tightly closed as her arms are held up. I stay silent waiting for her to continue. "I found something out when I moved to Australia.." She starts, "And you have every right to know. So.. Here it goes" She takes a deep breath before grabbing the end of her hoodie and lifting it up. My eyes are literally popping out as I stare at her bulging stomach. Well I say that, it's not that big yet.

"I'm pregnant" She breathes. "And you're the father."

My jaw hangs open as I stand gobsmacked. "But me and you and- oh gosh" I run a hand through my hair. "Are you sure it's definitely mine?" I question pacing up and down the room holding my hands behind my head. "Yes Nathan, 100%. The timings are all right" She replies. "I don't know what to say" I sit on the bed. "I'm gonna be a dad."

"Yeah, about that..." She trails off and I frown slowly meeting her nervous gaze. "What?", "I-I'm going back to Australia next weekend" She bites her lip. "What?!" I scream shooting up from my seat. "You can't take my baby across the other side of the world! Why do you need to go back there?" I throw my hands in the air. "Correction, our baby. And my mum needs me.. And my boyfriend" She replies quietly. My heart breaks, I knew it. She's moved on.

"Vanessa" I use her full name bending down in front of her, placing my hands on her knees. "Please, I'm begging you. Don't take my chance of being a father away from me. I wanna experience the scans, the birth, raising our child! If you leave, I'm never gonna have that chance. I want to be part of this baby's life, just as much as you would. Please."

"I don't know Nathan" She sighs pushing my hands off and standing up herself. "You hurt me so badly. We are both in serious relationships and I don't know how long I can be around you without slapping you" She exclaims. I sigh knowing I have no chance. "But.. I'll have to speak to my mum and my boyfriend, and see what we can do" She finishes and I widen my eyes standing up from my knees with a wide grin. "Thank you, I swear you won't regret this."

"Alright alright but come on dinners ready!" She ushers me to the door. "I thought you weren't hungry" I smirk and she rolls her eyes. "It's the baby who's hungry, not me!"

I shake my head with smile as we make our way downstairs. The plates of food are set out on the table and I sit beside Ariana and Nessa sits next to Jess. We all eat and I can't help but stare and smile at Nessa scoffing down her food, knowing it's our baby she's eating for. A little human we have created, who we will meet very soon.

"Sorry I'm late, got held up" Phil enters the room and notices Ariana and I. "Oh, hi guys" He waves and we return it. "Hiya love, how's you and the lil one?" He kisses Nessa's forehead and Ariana almost chokes on her food. "Fine" Nessa smiles up at her dad. "Speaking of which, I'm off to bed" She stands up grabbing her plate. "Aren't you staying for dessert? Apple and blackberry crumble" Karen winks and Nessa chuckles, "I'll take some up with me" And from that, she leaves the room.

"I'll help with the dishes" Ariana smiles politely gathering the plates and leaving the room with mum. "So.." Phil sits down in a chair beside me. "You and my daughter, having a baby ey?" He raises his eyebrows. "Yeah, I can't believe it" I look at my hands. "Look, you may of hurt my daughter once, but I won't let you do it again. This baby is your last chance to make things right. Mates at least, but that baby can't be without both of it's parents and I'm sure you understand that" He explains and I nod. "This is your last chance, Sykes. Hurt my little girl again and you'll regret it" He warns, not in a threatening way to intimidate me, but an overprotective father way.

"I know Phil. I promise I'm gonna be there for her and our baby" I look up and he nods before sighing and standing up. He opens the cupboard drawer and takes out a rectangular black box handing it to me. "She even showed us this" He nods for me to open it, and I do so seeing the white and blue stick reading positive. A shaky breath leaves my lips as I lift the test out and I admire it, as if it is the most fragile thing ever. "That, tells you this is your future" Phil points to the stick.

"But what about Ariana?" I place the test back into the box closing it and handing it back to Phil who puts it away. "She will have to face the facts you are going to be a father in just over five months time. If she doesn't, then she's obviously not right for you" He shrugs

I sigh before looking up when Ariana enters the room. "Right then come on you, I'm sleepy let's go to bed."

I gulp nodding and taking her hand which is held out in front of me as I nod to Phil once more before heading upstairs into my room. Ariana closes the door before turning to me and placing her hands on her small hips. "What's going on, Nathan? What do they mean? Is Vanessa pregnant?"

I sigh sitting on the end of the bed and nodding, "Yep. And it's mine."

"What?!" Ariana shrieks throwing her arms in the air, "It's mine" I repeat. "You're having a baby with your ex?" She glares at me disgusted. "Yeah" I shrug, "And you're either with me, or you're not. But either ways I am going to be part of my child's life."

"Nathan" Ariana sighs plopping down beside me. "Of course I'm with you, it's just such a shock. What have you got yourself into? Either ways I'm gonna support you because I love you."

I sigh nodding and she smiles pecking my lips before getting ready for bed as do I. As Ariana is falling asleep, I hear something sliding under the door. I frown standing up and walking over to see a picture. Not just any picture, an ultrasound picture.

I lift it up reading the neat handwriting on the back.

A little something for you to look at, I do too. It helps me sleep, - V xx

I stare at the picture lying back down beside Ari in bed, just looking at it for hours and hours. Then it really hits me, I'm gonna be a dad. I, Nathan Sykes am going to have a son or daughter soon. Am I really ready for it? I hope so.