(1) Blind Date

I step out of the cab rushing in my black heels.

I dash in the fancy restaurant.

My heart is racing.

I hope the make up I have on hides just how red my face has turned.

This is my first date.

And I'm late?

Punctuality is something I should start practicing. Jeez! I thought I had changed. But being late is like my hidden talent.

I look around and I spot him when he waves at me.

The first thing I notice is his brown beautiful eyes and his bright smile. He's not pissed at me? That's a surprise.

I sarshay toward the table and watch as he stands up to push the chair for me. I didn't know he was this tall and well built. Damn!

"nice dress," I'm in a long black tight dress with a slit that shows off my brown thigh.

I thank him as he pulls me in a warm hug and I inhale his expensive cologne. He smells so damn good I could stay in his muscular arms forever.

I sit down and lean my hands on the table as I watch him resume to his seat. He's smiling so wonderfully at me and I'm just mesmerized by him. His black curls are slicked back neatly. His brown eyes staring at me intently. His full sensuous pink lips. His black tuxedo making him look like the fine dapper gentleman he is. He's just too perfect and it's scary. My eyes fall on his expensive Rolex watch and that's when I remember I'm late.

"sorry I'm late," I say.

He chuckles. "I just lost a bet."

What the heck does that mean?

"What bet?"

"Josh had said you'd be late on the first date and I said it's not possible. So he ended up setting a bet," I like his thick English accent. "Now I lost."

Josh is such an ass. How could he sell me out to my blind date. He made me look bad on my first date.

"Kyle Walker," he stretches his hand out to me.

"Becca Sterling... Bet Josh and Bruna already told you my name..."

"Actually they didn't. Josh just pointed out you're always late."

"I'm not always late," I correct.

"point taken."

The waiter picks the perfect time to take our orders. I decide to have sushi and some vodka.

"I'll have the same," Kyle says.

The waiter jolts down something on the pad and leaves.

"you are really beautiful, you know..."

I look him straight in the eye and say, "you're really handsome, you know..."

I watch as his face turns red and the grin on his face broadens. Fuck! Is he seriously blushing. I didn't blush when he said I'm beautiful. That awkward moment is neutralized when the waiter sets the platters of sushi on our table and pours vodka. I say thanks to the waiter, Kyle just digs in the food right away.

"Sushi is my absolute favorite," says Kyle.

"well, any meal that's cooked well is my absolute favorite," I dig a fork and spoon in the meal and eat like a lady.

"So tell me about yourself..."

Dates are really awkward. I'm now feeling like I'm in some sort of job interview.