The Morning After

Amina

The bright beam of light tore Amina from sleep. She looked around the room, wiping the tiredness from her eyes as she sat up and looked around. She tried to check the time on her phone but found that it was dead. "Shit." She whispered under her breath. Amina looked around as she tried to locate a charger. Aleister has left his in a plug next to the bed. Amina plugged her phone in, the phone letting out a large chime as it turned back on. She heard a groan from the other side of the curtain.

"Amina?" Elias called out. Amina smiled.

"Yeah Elias?" Amina responded.

"Are you up?" Elias jokingly asked. Amina tried to keep herself from laughing.

"Yes." Amina stated. Elias walked over to the curtain, moving it to the side as he took a seat beside her.

"How'd you sleep?" Elias asked. Amina sighed.

"It went well. I am just furious that Mandy Locke's me out of my room. I don't know how I am supposed to live with her when she pulls shit like that." Amina spat. Elias sighed.

"Maybe speak to your RA?" Elias suggested. Amina shook her head.

"I don't want to start a hassle." Elias nodded as he took note of this.

"Then maybe go to Ms. Ross?"

"Why? What would Ms. Ross do?"

"Ms. Ross is a nice woman. She'd give you some good advice." Elias assured Amina. Elias put his boots on and extended his arm out to Amina. Amina shrugged as she slipped her shoes on and followed him to the library. "It's Saturday but Ms. Ross only takes Sunday off." Elias explained. They pushed through the doors of the library and headed to a back office. Amina knocked on the door.

"Come in." They noticed Emily on the other side. Amina entered the office, with Elias staying outside. "Amina, what can I help you with?" Emily asked. Amina took a deep breath.

"My roommate, Mandy, has been treating me poorly. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to handle it?" Amina asked. Emily nodded as she took note and opened her drawer, taking out a key, handing it to Amina. "What is this?" Amina asked. Emily walked towards a door in the back of the room, opening it to reveal a bed with a kitchenette and a bathroom off to the side.

"You will have to find a period of time when you can get back into your room and grab your things." Emily began. "But I will talk with the higher ups about your room placement. Until then you can stay here. That key will open my office and this spare dorm room. That is the only key." Emily explained. Amina nodded as she hugged Emily.

"Thank you." Amina said, holding back tears. Emily nodded.

"Any time." Emily assured her. Amina walked out and hugged Elias immediately.

"Thank you." She whispered as she took his hand in hers. "I owe you breakfast."

Kate

Kate looked around as the chirps of the birds tore her from sleep. Kate sat up, looking back at Aleister, who was wide awake, staring up at the ceiling. He sat up, seemingly happy about the fact that he no longer had to stay still. Kate chuckled under her breath. "You could have moved you know?" Kate laughed. "You didn't need to be a statue for me." Kate joked. Aleister shrugged.

"You seemed so peaceful." Aleister explained. Kate blushed as she ran a hand through her hair. Kate made it up to her feet, reaching her hand to him.

"Well, for that, the least I can do is grab you breakfast." The two walked down to the main floor and bumped into Elias and Amina. "Amina, Elias! What are you all doing here?" Kate asked. Amina chuckled.