10 | shortcake

"I've been waiting for this for so long."

He was leaving you confused, embarassed and happy all at the same time. The warmth of his embrace was comforting yet Tsukishima Kei was the very reason for the butterflies in your stomach. You felt your heart beating quicker than it usually does and you loved it.

Kei closed eyes as he felt at ease. He has been planning this right from the start and not seeing how flustered you are probably made it easier for him to do it.

"I'm glad you're mine," he muttered, with a calmed voice.

"I'm glad my pastries did their job," you joked. "I mean, feelings delivered via pastries, right?"

"Yeah," he responded.

You heard the radio play something you're quite familiar with.

The Very Thought of You
Natalie Cole

"I see your face in every flower
your eyes in stars above
It's just the thought of you,
The very thought of you, my love"

You heard him humming the instrumental part and it was such a lovely lullaby to your ears. Kei could sing to you all night and you wouldn't be bored at you.

"Y/N" he called your name.

"Yeah?"

"I know it's early but I-" he had an abrupt pause.

"What is it?" you asked him to continue. "You can tell me anything, Kei."

"Nothing," he chuckled. "I just had a silly thought."

"Tell me."

"You'd make an amazing wife."

"Ah, this is happiness," you thought to yourself.

"Kei?" you heard a voice behind the bedroom door. It was probably his mother knocking and calling him.

You heard him let out a sigh and he kisses you on the cheek before he stood up to open the door.

"Yes?" you heared him speak.

"Wow, your face," his mother commented. He quickly covers his face upon hearing the comment, it was probably about his cherry colored cheeks.

"Anyway, can I speak with her?" she continued.

Surprised, you blurted a "yes?" to her while you stood up.

"Um, okay," Kei awkward responded.

You knew it. You knew she didn't like her and she was probably going to make a comment about something about you, something you don't have or maybe something you didn't notice.

She walked away from the door and you followed her towards the kitchen. You saw how numerous the baking tools were and you concluded that she probably was in the middle of baking something.

"Take a seat," and so you did. She began to mead something on the empty area on the table. Well, of course, she was standing up and you awkwardly watched her.

"You see, Kei, he's my youngest son," she started to speak. "And I have never seen him like that."

"Hm?" you uttered, not knowing what to say.

"Up until now, Kei's only focus was volleyball and studies. And all this, well, it's all new to me." you kept on staring at her. "I don't know what to feel about this. Plus the two of you are really young."

"I see, but, um, we're serious about this," you spoke with a fragile and soft voice.

"That's my point." she responded quickly with a firmer voice. "This is new to me and new to Kei, I don't know how he'll be, if, you know, something goes wrong with the two of you. I'm worried about Kei."

You couldn't see her point after all the explaining.

"I'm just, I just, I think you're too young."