Chapter 4

I AM SOOOOO SORRY! I haven't updated for 4 days because school just started and i have been really busy lately :( This chapter is also kind of short because i wanted to update tonight. I promise the next chapter will be wayyy longer :)

I hope you enjiy it :) COMMENT FEEDBACK :)

ILY - Shannon <3

Louis POV

         It’s been 5 days. 5 days since we gave Rose the news. 5 days since she slept. 5 days since she has eaten. 5 days since she has spoke.

         The doctors and nurses have tried everything to get her some food and rest but she wouldn’t listen to anyone. Not even me.

It was heart breaking seeing her fall apart like this. I couldn’t really do anything about it. Trust me I have tried, but she was so damn stubborn. I sighed as I walked to the hospital room. It was going to go exactly the same as it has for the past week.

I would walk through the door to find her lean figure sitting on the edge of the hospital bed. She would be facing the wall with the same blank expression. I would walk over and be met by her saddened eyes; red and puffy from crying and blood-shot from lack of sleep.

I would then see her naturally pale complexion, even paler then usual. He lack of food and nutrition obvious in her cheeks. Then I would try and convince her to eat or rest and she wouldn’t answer. She wouldn’t even acknowledge me. She wouldn’t speak.

I wiped my eyes at the mental picture of her lifeless body. She was technically alive, I mean her heart was beating and she was breathing, but she was nowhere near living. Nowhere at all.

I got to room 348.

Roselyn’s room.

I turned the knob to see her in the same position as yesterday. My spirit dropped. I don’t know why, but for some reason I was expecting her to jump out of the bed and hug me. For her to smile one of big goofy grins at me like nothing had happened. I hoped for to much I guess.

I walked over to her and looked into her sad, blue eye. I smiled at her weakly and sat down in my usual chair beside her. My hand reached into my backpack and I pulled out a container.

What filled this plastic bowl was my greatest weapon. If anything could make her eat, it would be this.

I opened the lid and the smell of my mom’s homemade macaroni wafted through the air. My heart leapt as her gaze shifted down the food in my hands. Her eyes lit up for a second, but then it was quickly masked with her usual cloud of depression.

“Rose,” I begged quietly, “please.”

She turned her head and looked into my tear filled eyes, then back down at the food again. She gave me a small smile and nodded her head slightly.

“Thank you Rosy,” I said relieved while handing her a small forkful, “you really need some food.”

She parted her full pink lips and I slipped the forkful of cheesy noodles inside. I saw her flinch at the taste of actual solid food in her mouth, but then I saw her face light up a little. I smiled at her as she reached for another bite. I gave her a couple more forkfuls, but then stopped her.

“You haven’t eaten in 5 days love, you have to take it slow.”

She sighed, but didn’t ask for more.

Rose opened her mouth as if she wanted to speak, but then her eyebrows furrowed when no sound came out.

“What was that babe?” I asked, encouraging her to speak up.

She tried again, but with the same result.

“Just speak up love,” I said as I looked at her struggling.

‘I can’t’ she mouthed

“Of course you can,” I chuckled at her, “you open your mou-

‘I’m sorry’ she mouthed again, cutting me off.

I sighed; she can sure be stubborn.

“Take your time Rose, use this for now,” I offered as I handed her a notepad and pen from the doctor’s table beside me.

She smiled and scribbled something down on the paper. She handed it to me and I looked over the blue-inked words on the sheet.

‘What will happen to me now that my dad is gone?’ it read.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you about that,” I muttered, getting a bit nervous now, “I have an idea.”

She nodded sadly for me to continue.

“I was wondering if I could be your legal guardian until your birthday in a month,” I said quietly.

When she didn’t answer I quickly added, “It’s completely up to you, but you don’t have anywhere to go until your birthday and I though you could come live in my-”

I was cut off by her small arms wrapping themselves around my neck. She pulled away and I saw fresh tears running down her cheeks.

‘Thank you’ she mouthed.

“It’s alright love,” I softly spoke into her ear, “I would do anything for you.”

She smiled the first genuine smile I have seen off her for the past 5 days. I really missed her.

She tried to speak again, but was getting quite frustrated when it wasn’t working again.

‘I’m trying,’ she mouthed, ‘but it won’t come out.’

I frowned a bit, but then called the doctor. Maybe she would be able to help before we checked her out today.

“Yes dear?” Dr. Rowsky asked as she walked into the room, heels clicking.

I explained the problem and she nodded.

She walked up to Roselyn and put 2 fingers right where her voice box should be.

“Okay Roselyn, now I want you to scream at the top of your lungs,” she instructed.

Rose looked at her hesitantly, but then opened her mouth.

The doctor frowned as Rose screamed with no sound. She looked at her clipboard and then back at Rose.

“Oh dear,” she exclaimed.

“What’s wrong doctor?” I asked, suddenly worried.

“Well I’m afraid that this intese trauma she has suffered has left quite a mark,” she said as she flipped through her papers.

“What do you mean?” I questioned. A confused look washed over my face.

“I’m sorry son,” she said as she looked at me,

“Ms. Clemons has gone mute.”

********************************************

OH SNAP! did you guys see that coming :) no? yes? feel free to comment! okay again i'm sorry if that was really short and if it has any mistakes because i'm tired anad i wrote it in about 20 minutes so bare woth me here people! I will try and update over the weekend so keep your heads up for a new chapter on Saturday, Sunday, Monday :)

OKAY ILY PEOPLE BYEEEE